Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This and That


American Idol: I'm thinking about writing the producers of "American Idol" and suggesting they buy the rights to "The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing for the last two contestants to end the show every year. They are already buddies with Jennifer Warnes and the words totally fit and everybody loves this feelgood song.

Amy: I had a great talk with Amy the realtor today (she found this house for us) about the sale of my parents' house. We are going to do cross-promotion. I will have her card and flyers at the estate sale and she will mention the estate sale on her website. She's going to meet me at the house on Thursday for a walk through. She was thanking me for calling her and I said, "Hey, those Christmas cards you sent every year finally paid off!"

Andy: Andy is the guy that did my shower. He'll be here tomorrow to fix that spot that Mrs. Brisby chewed out and two other spots in our soffits. I also asked him if he would go to the P's house and give me an estimate on the master bathroom. My step-dad said he wants to sale the house as is, but Amy and I think the buyers will be first time buyers, so I had the idea to hang the estimate for that bathroom re-do and also give the buyer a resource, plus give Andy some money. Andy has been my go-to guy for everything. He's the guy that gave me the name of the lady that hung my mural. He has suggested plumbers and even led me to the remover dude of Mrs. Brisby. Andy rocks!

Neighbors: You all saw that picture of the new stand for the TV in here. Well it wasn't set up for electronics. I wanted to hook up our old X-Box to the TV so I could watch DVDs while I walk on the treadmill. I called Carole and asked if they had a hole saw except I didn't say that because I didn't know it was called a "hole saw" until I talked to her husband. I asked if they had one of those drill bits that make a hole that a plug can go through because I'm technical like that. When he said "hole saw" I was all, "No, no, I don't want to use a saw, I want to use my drill!" I imagine he thinks i'm a little slow, but that's okay because I am. Carole is so sweet, she actually brought it to me. I think I am getting over my "Avoid neighbors at all costs" policy. Yeah, I had some bad experiences in the past. That could be a whole post. Not this neighborhood though, those were my last two houses. Anyway, it's all hooked up and working so THANKS Carole!

White denim shorts: I had posted that I wanted some basic simple white denim shorts and sweet Jeanette left a comment with a link to Newport News. I ordered the shorts (they should be here any minute!) and I could swear, SWEAR! that I unclicked the box that said something like: YES! Please send me e-mails every day about everything! Seriously, I know I unclicked that box. But now I get an e-mail from them every. single. day. Not only that but they called and woke me up at like 10:00 (I didn't answer) and then called the next day to try to sell me some sort of membership for a bunch of discounts for $25 a year. Here's what I said after listening to her 4 minute shpiel (and I was hardly paying attention - I was sitting outside on a nice day drinking a beer), "Yeah, I wouldn't need that. I just bought all the clothes I will need for two years." Obviously this was a new one, because she went dead silent and then told me to have a nice day. I get such a kick out of saying random things to phone solicitors. And no, Jeanette, this is not a dig. I thank you for finding the shorts for me!

Blogging: I know a lot of people have said that they need breaks from blogging and start to think of it as a job, but I've never felt that way. I don't post every day and never felt the need to. I've been kinda stressed the last few days with all the stuff going on, but right now I feel more relaxed than I've felt in several days. I think blogging should be a stress reliever. It is for me, anyway.

And that's all I have to say about this and that.

9 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Oh. my. hell. I'm laughing too hard to take that as a dig! *snort* You bought all the clothes you'll need for two years? *laughing some more* That's awesome!

You know, they've never called me. Why are you so special... oh, wait, hmmmm... I think I gave them my old cell phone number. Oh, not to worry, it's still mine, but it just goes straight to voicemail. Comes in handy at election time, too.

Scarlet said...

So who's it going to be, Archuleta or Cook?? My daughter and her little friends are all "Archie" fans, but I'm a Cook lover. He has that sexy voice and stage presence that would drive me crazy if I were 16 again. ;) Good idea w/ that Dirty Dancing song because honestly, it doesn't get better for these guys...meeting all those wonderful music people, growing into their own styles (with the help of the make-up/wardrobe folks), and coming back home to all those fans!

I love that show, and I'm sad it ends tonight. :(

BTW, I love hearing you talk about "this and that" without pressure; it's like chatting w/ a girl friend when I pop in here.

Jazz said...

Funny, I just put a post up about blogging after a conversation with a friend last weekend. Great minds and all that.. ;-)

XUP said...

I think blogging is good for your soul, too -- as long as you can relax about it and not get competitive. When I quit for a while it was after that whole NaBloPoMo thing. It kind of sucked the joy out of blogging for me for a while.

ticknart said...

Blogging can, and often is, a huge way to relive stress, but I find that those moments when I quit blogging are when I can't find any joy in the insanity that goes on around us all. When I can't appreciate, well, anything. That isn't something that I like to force on the tiny bit of the world that visits.

Jo said...

I agree with XUP, blogging is good for the soul. I don't always have the time to visit all the blogs I would like to visit, but I try to get to them as much as possible. But I do enjoy posting every day. It's sort of like a day to day journal, and it gives me opportunities to "vent" sometimes - even if not everyone agrees with me. :-)

Carole said...

Geewits, I'm glad hubby had the hole saw. We rarely use some of those odd tools, but it's nice to have them when you need them! Everything looks beautiful at your house by the way!

"The Time of My Life" would be a great end song! I'm excited to see who wins tonight. I thought David Archuletta was the winner from the first time I saw him sing. I called him a prodigy even before Andrew Lloyd Webber did! Ha! But I really like both David's, so either way...

When I had a myspace page up, I actually used Mrs. Brisby as my picture.

geewits said...

Jeanette,
~~But it's TRUE. I shop in spurts. I am special because God made me that way, so everyone get the f@@@ out of my way!

Scarlet,
~~I like what you said about chatting with a girlfriend. That's a great compliment! Thank you. I'm in love with my little bunny Archuletta, but I feel like Cook will win. I just hope David's father doesn't beat him if he loses.

Jazz,
~~Ha! Great minds think alike?? I am so NOT on your level!

Xup,
~~Yeah I don't get those photo of the day, Monkey Monday, or any of that other stuff. I just write whatever I'm thinking about. You know the expression "It is what it is?" Well, that's me.

Ticknart,
~~I'm not going to say here what I want to say, but you know what it is.

Josie,
~~If we all agreed on everything, wouldn't it be a bit creepy?

Carole,
~~Thanks so much for the hole saw and I look forward to your helping me at THE HOUSE!

Cycling Goddess said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it, of course a day after but never mind, I enjoyed it.

Blogging is not a chore, it's not work but when someone sees it like that, it's usually because everything else is topsy turvy. Me I see it like going out for coffee with a bunch of friends and sometimes catching up on A LOT of things. And I love the uniqueness (spelling?) each and every one has.

Yours is lovely and you are a genuine person, it comes across loud and clear all the time.