Thursday, May 01, 2008

I Bought Man Shoes

I needed some comfy summer walking around shoes, which sounds kinda stupid now that I think about it. Walking around shoes? What else are you going to do with shoes? Anyway, I have these really dorky looking Fred Flintstone feet and after trying on lots of cute girly sandals, I was getting kinda depressed. As I was standing there getting kinda depressed, I glanced to my left and saw some black slip on shoes that looked really cozy and then realized I was looking at the men's shoes. I thought, "Why do the men get such comfy shoes and we don't?" Then I decided to try a small men's size on. They felt so nice, I also tried on some brown leather sandals. I loved them both. I bought Man Shoes! Both are Dr. Scholls brand. They are the most comfortable shoes ever! I guess if I never told anyone, they would never know, so don't tell anyone.


I had a great drink today. It's called a "Tropical Paradise" and it was. Isn't it pretty? I left the guy in the picture because I didn't notice him when I was taking it and it's obvious he's thinking, "Why is that strange lady taking a picture of her drink?"


How cool is this thing? It's 21" tall and is supposed to be a planter, but the actual plant hole is not really large, so I'm not going to use it for that. I just had to have it even though I have no idea where I'm going to put it. If I had crazy money to burn, I would have bought every one in the store and lined them up in my front yard. Just to be weird. I wonder if I could have it epoxied to the roof of my truck facing backwards? That would be cool. Or just freaky.

~

I have a Meals on Wheels volunteer magnet on my driver's side door and today when I was walking back to my truck from my last stop, a man in the next yard said, "Well good for you!" At first, I was all, "Huh?" Because I'm dim like that sometimes, then I realized he had read the thing and said, "Oh, Thanks, I'm coming up on 8 years." Then he said "Well, you must really like it." Which I thought was a little odd, but then I thought for a minute and said, "Yes, I really do." I don't know how he read the thing because it's pretty small. Here's a picture of my little red trucky:


Hmmm. I drive a truck and I bought man shoes. Now I think I should polish my nails or something. Well, I AM wearing mascara!

14 comments:

the walking man said...

Well geewits aside from the obvious connotations some may make. Screw it, wear whats comfortable, drink what you will and, subscribe to artistic references where you find them...a neighbor of mine had three dozen commodes in his front yard for the longest. He entitled his work "bathroom humor". I liked it.

Peace

mark

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Those shoes look incredibly comfortable and I think you are right. No one would know they were mens shoes...Unless you told them!

Jazz said...

Go ahead and epoxy the head to your truck. It'd be way cool, except in the carwash...

As for the shoes, every time I try to buy shoes, I wonder the same thing. Why are they allowed comfortable shoes while we get narrow, pointy, heely things. It's a conspiracy!

ticknart said...

You're wearing men's shoes, high school guys are wearing women's pants. It all evens out in the end, right?

Tai said...

Love your red truck!

Scarlet said...

Those don't even look like man's shoes to me, well, not until you mentioned it. It's so funny when you say Fred Flinstone feet because I picture his actual feet and know there's no way you have Fred's feet. Seriously.

That drink looks great! I could use one right now after two interviews! Nice truck, too, btw!

Jo said...

Don't let Russell see that truck. He'll want it! *heh*

Those shoes are actually quite cute. Just paint your toenails red and no one would ever know they're men's shoes. Ever!

They look really comfortable.

Big Brother said...

Hey, if the shoes are comfortable, nuff said. Life's too short to be uncomfortable for fashion's sake.
I really like the Easter Island Head thingie. You should line them up on the porch and make like an archaeologist. ;o)

geewits said...

Mark
~~I like your style!

Naomi,
~~I always thought sandals looked kinda girly on men anyway.

Jazz,
~~Carwash? I'm supposed to wash my truck?

Ticknart,
~~WHAT? High School guys are doing what??!!

Tai,
~~I'm sure Trucky would love you too!

Scarlet,
~~I really do have Fred Flinstone feet. I'll get Josie to verify this when she meets me in June.

Josie,
~~Red toenails on Fred Flintstone feet? That would be creepy. But would match my truck!

Big Brother,
~~It was $35 so I only bought one, but I would love to have about 10 of them!

ticknart said...

Okay, not all of them, but there are those who dress a certain way (sort of pho-punk/metal types) who buy women's pants, especially the low riding, hip hugging variety. Not sure why, but there you have it.

Leslie: said...

I have to wear good comfortable shoes, too, because of my bad back, but I always want to buy those pretty shoes!

Jammie J. said...

Ohhh, I know, epoxy that planter to your tailgate. Every time someone pulls up behind you they'll have FeeFiFoFum looking at them. Awesome! Hehehe!

You know, maybe that guy recognized the logo/shape of the Meals on Wheels thing. It does look somewhat distinctive. Or maybe he was congratulating you on your man shoes? *tee hee*

geewits said...

Ticknart,
~~Maybe they want to look like Robert Plant from 1978?

Leslie,
~~Yes, but pretty and comfy is a hard find in all of womens' fashion.

Jeanette,
~~Ha! That's funny. As for the shoes, I bought those later. Or maybe he just likes red trucks?

Anonymous said...

Nice choice..! Its really very tough to wear shoes all day in summer. Also got 2 pairs of sandals from Zappos.