Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Woke Up Crabby

I woke up crabby today and that's pretty rare for me. First of all, I get to sleep until I wake up about 82% of my days, so of course, I generally wake up all happy and refreshed. And because I so rarely wake up crabby, I spent most of my day trying to figure out why I was so crabby. It began normally. My Sweetie always kisses me goodbye and I wake up and say something weird and random and we both laugh. Today when he kissed me, I think I said, "Yay!" Imagine someone kissing you in the middle of the night, because when he leaves I have usually only been asleep 4 or 5 hours. This morning it was 4. I curled back up in my cozy covers with a smile thinking, "Yay? That's a new one." Then I heard thunder. And then there was lightning, the kind you can see through your eyelids, and more thunder and it got brighter and louder and one was so close I think I kinda popped up off the bed about an inch. I finally dozed back off and then the phone rang. I hate when the phone rings when I'm asleep. When you go to bed at 4:00 a.m. and the phone rings at 9:15, that's like if you went to bed at 11:00 p.m. and the phone rings at 4:15 in the morning. It's not pleasant. I always roll over and look at the caller ID and if it's not one of about 5 people, I don't answer it. So I went back to sleep. Then the phone rang again at 12:15 and that was sort of okay, because that's about when I get up, but I didn't want to be awakened by a phone ringing. Again. I got up and turned on the news to see the weather and they were predicting dire weather for tomorrow at noon, which is right in the middle of my delivery time. I don't mind driving around in the rain, because after all, I got my license in North Carolina where it pretty much rains 3 or 4 days a week, but I DO NOT like to drive around in the lightning and thunder. So maybe I was crabby thinking about that. I dont know what it was, exactly, but I feel I should apologize to a friend that I felt I was crabby with.
~
When My Sweetie got home from work, I told him I had been crabby all day and couldn't figure out why. He asked, "Menopause?" I responded, "Mental Paws?" and made funny paws and then I laughed and I felt fine after that. Mental Paws. That's probably it.

12 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, I know Mental Paws...(lol) Can certainly give one the crabbys....! The ups and downs of it all....! OY! Hope today is a better day, my dear!

Russell said...

Sounds like the lightning and thunder kept you awake -- well, the ringing phone might have also had something to do with it! If you don't sleep well, no question, that affects your day!

We had a thunder storm last night (sounds like a letter or postcard but....). Just to the north of where I live they got 4 inches of rain. Now that is a lot of rain in one night. The poor farmers can't plant their corn or soybeans. If you want to be around someone who is REALLY crabby, be around some farmer who can't get into his fields!! After May 10 the yield begins to go down for every day it takes to get the corn in...!

Your posts always make me laugh or think and I like that. You have an easy way of expressing yourself that is pretty special. A person's writing style is like their personality - it just comes out.

I hope today (Wed) you feel like yourself again - though I am still laughing about mental paws!!

Scarlet said...

For some reason, the "mental paws" reminded me of "Memories," the Streisand song. My husband used to sing it, "Mammaries..." :) I think you and your Sweetie get along a lot like we do.

I hope your weather improves...because your mood certainly has! :)

Jazz said...

Hey everyone is entitled to crabby now and then.

Cycling Goddess said...

Metal Paws! I have them a lot... and if the things that happen to you were to happen to me, well then I would be crabby too!

Cycling Goddess said...

Gee... I can't type for the life of me today... "mental" is what I meant to type... typos HD, typos!

Jo said...

I have a little poem for you:

"Crabs walks sideways,
And lobsters walk straight
And you can't take a crab for your mate."


There, that should make you feel better. :-)

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Today was MUCH better!

Russell,
~~I remember when it would rain in the summer when I was a kid and my brother would be all gloomy because he couldn't go to his job topping tobacco.
Thanks so much for the kind comments about my blog. I really appreciate it!

Scarlet,
~~I never thought of that with the Streisand song, but I always sing that for the Bob Hope signature song, "Thanks for the Memories (Mammaries)" I think I heard a comedian do it once years ago and it stuck in my head.

Jazz,
~~You're just looking for excuses!

Sylvie,
~~It's okay, you can't type - you're French!

Josie,
~~Mostly that poem makes me want seafood!

Leslie: said...

There's someone who blogs who calls herself something like "Mental Pause Mama" or something like that. *shrug* been there, done that, over with, and life is better! :D

Carole said...

Geewits,
I use to love to play catch. Played all my life! Then one day back in high school, the sun was in my eyes and the baseball hit me right smack in the nose. It hurt like crazy and darkened both of my eyes. I wouldn't say blackened, but definitely darkened them. So shortly after that I asked a friend of mine who actually played baseball if he had ever been hit in the eye with the ball, and he said no. That very week, during the game, he got hit in the eye with the ball, and required emergency surgery for it. Broke little bones around his eye. It was pretty bad. When I saw him, the first thing he said was that I had jinxed him. Why am I telling you this? Because I just asked you recently if you ever had to do your route in really bad weather, and every time I ask someone something like that...I remember Roger and the baseball incident! It's the first thing I thought of when I read your post today, and I'm REALLY glad the weather wasn't so bad today after all!

When I was little my uncle's nickname for me was crabby.

I'm glad you feel better today!

Jammie J. said...

Being Crabby is better than having Crabs. HA!

Hey, my Sweetie always kisses ME goodbye, too! There was one time that he kissed me goodbye and I didn't remember it at all. I called him in a panic (what, I have issues) and he swore he did. I woke up and seriously thought he hadn't left for work yet. It wsa weird!

I didn't know Mental Paws was the cure for Crabbys -- good to know. :)

geewits said...

Leslie,
~~Because I was born weird and neurotic and have had hot flashes since I was a child, it was tough to even notice menopause. Except for the good part. That would be hard not to notice!

Carole,
~~I realized I can control the weather this morning. All I had to do was leave the house without my shades. Although there was a light sprinkle when I pulled out of the driveway, as soon as I realized I left my shades at home, the sun popped out.

Jeanette,
~~Me too! I've called him at work and said, "Why didn't you kiss me goodbye?" and he said "I did and you told me you were dreaming about Sherlock Holmes (or whatever)." Now I just know he did and I slept through it, but I always ask him what I said and it's usually something really goofy and sweet.

Being silly and laughing is the cure for EVERYTHING!