Saturday, May 24, 2008

Vancouver, Take Cover, Here I Come!

My Vancouver trip is just around the corner (June 1st!) and I am very excited. Although I am meeting the realtor at The House tomorrow (Saturday) I've decided to not think about that too much right now. My brain has been like a big twirly thing for several days. I'm either thinking about the estate sale, simple dinners to cook for my beach trip or what I'm going to wear in Vancouver. I've decided to give the swirly twirly parts of my brain a break and just think about what to pack for Vancouver. We have a pretty loose schedule at this point and I like that. Josie told me about a bar that's just a few blocks away so I can go there and be "weird tourist" and give her a break, as she and I are both quite used to having our alone time. I'm the type that will be a "regular" at that bar after just one visit. They will be both sad and relieved at the end of my visit! We have some Monday night plans that I think will be especially fun. And at some point I'm going to ride on a big boat (a ferry). I bought an outfit just to wear on the boat, because I'm weird like that. I'm also really looking forward to just hanging out in Josie's treehouse listening to music, chatting and watching fun movies.
~
My Sweetie is so cute. He not only has Monday off for Memorial Day, but he is taking next Friday off as well to spend an extra day with me before my trip.
~
I know most other countries think Americans are loud, rude and obnoxious, but I'm going to make a point of saying I'm from Texas because that's even worse and won't make the rest of America look so bad. And anyway, I prefer the word "exuberant." And I prefer the second definition!

14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A new outfit for the ferry. Now THAT'S exactly how I think of you!

You're going to have a blast and make some bartenders miss you dearly when you leave.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~Does it also seem like me that the whole oufit cost about $70 and $40 of that was the navy and white boat shoes?

Jo said...

Geewits, I think the folks in the bars here will love you. You have a great southern accent, as well!

I'm going to make sure we get on the MV Coastal Renaissance. We saw it docking when were out there for dinner a couple of weeks ago, and it's big and very posh looking! It has four restaurants and a gift shop.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your coming trip sounds exciting and a welcome change for you! I bet you have a Ball! I LOVE that you bought a "new" outfit for your Boat Ride...lol!

Big Brother said...

I hope you'll have fun in Vancouver, next time you'll have to come up the eastern side of the country...

Scarlet said...

Joyously unrestrained...what a beautiful way to describe you!

I feel your joy and I am going to live vicariously through you on your trip to Vancouver. Take lots of pics on the ferry boat and the bar and Josie's pad. Have a great time preparing for your adventure!

Cycling Goddess said...

OMG are you leaving this coming weekend? It seems like yesterday that you got your ticket! You will love Vancouver and Vancouver will love you! Don't let them stories about Americans not being liked scare you. You'll fit right in... I look forward to hearing all about your adventures!

Carole said...

Geewits, Hope you have a blast! Ya know I'll be thinking about you.

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I am so excited! I think everything will be great!

Naomi,
~~I call it "my boat suit."

Big Brother,
~~Or you can join your sis when she comes back to Texas!

Scarlet,
~~You will hear all about it and there will be lots of pics. I AM joyously unrestrained!

Sylvie,
~~Thanks. I guess I just expect other countries to not like Americans and most Americans don't like Texans, so I have nowhere to go but up.

Carole,
~~I'll be at Josie's so I'll have e-mail and guess what? I've made a deal with one of the "Hansons" to feed the cats and water the plants. Yes, Mr. Boom Box, himself. I hope I don't end up regretting it!

Ian Lidster said...

Bon voyage. I think you'll love it, and the weather has even improved considerably.

Leslie: said...

I can hardly wait, too! Josie and I have it all planned for Wednesday - the three amigas day! We're going on a 3-hour cruise and then a lovely drive along the coast back to West Vancouver where we'll stop and walk along the seawall. After dining at the Boathouse at Horseshoe Bay, that is. There will be many stops along the way so you can get lot of photos.

And I won't mind your accent one little bit. When on my tour of France (gosh! over 10 years ago already) I met a lady and her elderly Mom who were from Dallas. Every morning they'd climb on the bus and say "Good mornin' y'all!" and we all answered back, "Good Mornin' y'all!" She was so much fun and I just know you will be, too.

Countin' them there days y'all...

geewits said...

Ian,
~~Thanks, but I do not want warm weather. I want to escape from the heat!

Leslie,
~~I hope Wednesday works out. You may disappointed about my accent. I've never said, "Good Morning Ya'll" in my entire life. I might slip a "ya'll" into the middle of a sentence but I've never ended a sentence with it

Jazz said...

Oh my! Vancouver will never be the same!!! Wish I lived on the west coast so I could see you again.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~I have a feeling you will se me again, and I even think I know where it will be!