Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The New Bathroom


This is the ugly purple wallpaper from hell. And if anyone reading this has this wallpaper, I do NOT apologize for saying that. This is HIDEOUS! Get rid of it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. And that border. What the hell?!?

This is my new green sponged wall. I moved the towel rack to the other end of the tub, because unlike most people, when I sit in a bathtub, I do not want to gaze upon a towel. That bright spot is from the skylight. I didn't really notice it at the time.


I have to admit it is hard to take pictures in there because it's all angly (angley?) but this was taken a little farther back than the one above. Now when I sit in the tub I can look at pictures of Muir Woods. Guess what time I took this picture?

I took this next picture while standing in the bathtub. I love my new mirrors. There used to be a whole wall mirror there, but I went with the small framed mirror, because it's the cool thing to do. And this is also a good view of how the new color looks against the new shower.



Speaking of the new shower, here is a good shot of the light in there:





This last picture is of the one unfinished space around the toilet where the mural that I mentioned here will go.


Next I need to replace the faucets with the same ones I put in the other bathroom. I mentioned it here. And there's a picture of the faucet there because I have apparently reached my picture limit on this post. I hope you enjoyed my before and afters.
I found some good NY clothes today and my BIL survived his brain surgery so I have lots to post about this week before my NY trip.





11 comments:

Jazz said...

Nice bathroom

Ian Lidster said...

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do." Yes, the purple had to be gotten rid of. We had to deal with a similar purple wall when we moved in here. Getting rid of that became the first order of business.
What you have done looks fabulous. Great job.
Ian

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Such a nice colour that green.

geewits said...

Jazz, thanks! I still can't beleive I started that project almost a year ago. When I'm slow, I'm REALLY slow.

Thanks Ian! Yeah those people had three pink walls (our bedroom was a dusky rose - blech!) and that purple bathroom. Unfortunately I can't share any of this with my neighbors because the former owners moved just 3 houses down.

Thanks, LGS. I LOVE green. Nearly everything in my house is green. I once told my husband that if we ever moved into a loft, everything would match.

Jo said...

Geewits, doesn't that purple wallpaper and border just scream 1980s?

I really like what you have done with the bathroom. It looks more like a spa than a bathroom.

What is your tub made out of? It looks almost like marble.

Cheers,
Josie

Cheers,
Josie

Jo said...

How did I end up typing Cheers, Josie, twice. I must have done a fade-out or something. That's really, really bizarre. OH, I know, I went back to look at the pictures again, then came back. Silly me. I'm not going to say Cheers, Josie again...

geewits said...

Josie,
Good eye! This house was built in the 80's. Wait a minute, there were wallpaper bits underneath this wallpaper. Those people were just weird. As for the tub, you got that right too. I think it's made of "almost like marble."

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers,
Geewits

Anonymous said...

I like the new color... I also love that you posted a picture of your toilet. HA!

Cheery cheers,
Jammie J

Anonymous said...

I could totally use your bathroom, too, because you roll the toilet paper the correct way.

Cheerfully,

geewits said...

J,
I also moved the toilet paper roll up a couple of inches and changed sides. I like it much better now. Yeah, I was brave with the toilet, but over the years I've figured out that everyone has one (or some).

Anonymous said...

That bathroom looks great! I know you love it and I can't wait to see it! I can't wait to see you!