Friday, June 01, 2007

The End Is Near



I took this picture in Muir Woods in the summer of 2001. It is the picture I selected for my little mural that will go behind the toilet in my bathroom. I am so glad that room is almost done. I started tearing down the wallpaper last June, took a break because of the summer heat, started again, broke my foot, took another break for Christmas, then I tore my MCL, took a small break while my shower was being replaced, and now, it is finally almost done. Today I put up the new mirrors. Last weekend we put up the closet doors which were very freaking heavy (they are mirrored). I was going to wait to say anything until I took the after pictures, but I got excited making the mural picture. The mural wallpaper guy was very nice and helpful. I have to call him back tomorrow to figure out how to send the VERY LARGE mural file. And the sponging? It is gorgeous! It came out even better than I imagined. Now I'm just at the decorating stage. I should have pictures very soon. Oh and I want to caulk around the vanity backsplashes, but I'm not in a hurry and that won't really show up in the pictures anyway. I also framed a cute little watercolor print we got at Muir Woods and I'm going to fill a nice multi-pic frame with Muir Woods photos to go over the tub. Uhm, did I mention the whole theme/decor thing for the bathroom was "Forest?" When I showed My Sweetie the picture for the mural he made a slightly crude but funny joke. Something like, "It will be like being in the woods. We'll be bears."

6 comments:

Mike Minzes said...

I can't wait to see the finished product.

-0-0-

Jazz said...

Can't wait to see the pics... Well, I can and I will so that was a stupid comment and it's just too early for me and.... As word verifications says, I'm feeling very gaowzb today.

Jo said...

Geewits, it looks wonderful...! Once you're in there, you won't want to leave. (Get it? Leaves? Oh, just ignore me... Ha!)

Is Muir woods near where you live? That's a beautiful photograph.

So, get lots of pictures when it's done. (Have you got anything left to break?)

Cheers,
Josie

Jammie J. said...

I love that picture. I can't wait to see your mural. Your Sweetie is funny. Hehehee.

geewits said...

Mike,
I finished the roll of film with the after pictures today and will get them developed tomorrow.

Jazz,
That's funny because just the other day I had a word verification on your blog that was almost obscene. I wish I had written it down.

Josie,
Muir woods is much closer to you than it is to me. It's just north of San Fransisco and is my very favorite spot on earth.

Jeanette,
I forgot to call the guy today to figure out how to send the giant file, but I will call him Monday.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Is your Sweetie house trained? We wouldn't want him cocking his leg and relieving himself on one otf your wonderful trees!

Seriously, I can imagine it would look great. Please do before and after pictures.