Tuesday, June 19, 2007

About My BIL

This is the e-mail my SIL sent out tonight:


Dear Firefighter family and friends,

[BIL] had his surgery this morning as planned. The doc found a blockage in the shunt, cleared it out, and repositioned it. He seemed pleased with today's outcome.

[BIL] looked pretty good right after surgery in ICU. He called around 10 p.m. and asked if I would come up for a visit. He looked really good (considering) and was in good spirits. He said his head hurt alot but that it was just from the surgery, not like the pain he was having before. He said it felt different. Hopefully that's a good sign. I'm not sure how long he'll be in ICU, but I'll let you boys know as soon as he gets to a room.

Once again, thanks for your love, support and prayers!

Love to you all,
Lisa

8 comments:

Jazz said...

Go BIL!!!!

Ian Lidster said...

That is bright news. May it continue to go well.
Ian

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I am so glad. If it is appropriate can you convey our best wishes for his full recovery.

geewits said...

LGS,
I told Lisa that my blog readers had offered prayers and good wishes. She thought that was very kind.

Jo said...

Awww, Geewits, that is great news. Please tell your BIL we all say hello.

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Josie,
MORE good news: They are waiting for a room now which means he's already "good to go" to leave intensive care.

Jo said...

Geewits, that's good news. I hope he starts to feel better soon. Gosh, I get a headache just thinking about it...

Josie

Jammie J. said...

I hope he continues to improve... this is such good news.