Thursday, June 07, 2007

New York, New York and Eye Drops


The New York trip is almost upon me. My Sweetie is going tomorrow and I'm leaving Friday morning. I said I was going to talk about celebrities. Well, what happened was, after I found out we were staying at the Soho Grand I noticed it was in every People magazine. Unfortunately, the "celebrity" names were young girls more famous for being wasted or wearing tiny jean shorts in a redneck car movie. One of My Sweetie's co-workers did ride in an elevator there with John Malkovich. And Josie said she saw Tom Hanks in Central park. I had hoped to see some high caliber celebs. Kevin Spacey, my all time favorite male actor (along with Jimmy Stewart), is there this weekend and I'm thinking about trying to see him at the stage door. The only thing is, I once ran into Bette Midler and I was a total blathering idiot. What with my anxiety and panic disorder, I'm afraid if I actually SEE Kevin Spacey I'll just slobber or stutter or something. Or have a heart attack. And what if I'm actually in the elevator with a famous person? I think I'd react like Niles Crane in "Frasier" when he meets up with the old high school homecoming queen.
~
Yeah, I know they are "just people," but how often do you spend two hours or $8 to watch a "just people" perform in a movie? I'm at the point now where I hope I DON'T see any celebrities. Except Kevin Spacey. He's awesome.
~
Other stuff: My brother-in-law had brain surgery Monday morning and had a seizure at the end of surgery and then another one in post-op. It's a Texas law that you can't drive for 6 months after a seizure. He's a fireman/paramedic. He and my sister-in-law had their house up for sale and her ex-husband has served her with papers over custody of their two shared children which includes an injunction over the sale of their house. Man, she is going through hell.
~
One of my Meals on Wheels ladies called me yesterday and asked if I would bring her some allergy eye drops. I brought them and then SHE WANTED ME TO PUT THEM IN. That creeped me out but I did it. She's the same lady that I installed a bathroom faucet for on the Tuesday after Memorial Day weekend although I just realized I didn't post about it. I have three bruises from that. It was a very tight little vanity.
~
I woke up to thunder on Sunday (yawn, again?) and realized the house was crazy quiet. I got up and My Sweetie told me the power had been out for a couple of hours. I went back to sleep for a couple of hours, got up, realized the power was STILL out, stumbled into the garage and put about 10 beers into an ice chest with a bag of ice (we keep all our drinks in a fridge in the garage). He said, "Well it's good you have your priorities straight." The power was out for about 7 hours, but I had cold beer.

4 comments:

Jazz said...

"I'll just slobber or stutter or something. Or have a heart attack."

Well look at the bright side, if you have a heart attack you might just fall on him, break his leg and be in the hospital bed next to him.

Jo said...

Geewits, you have seen the movie "The Right Stuff" many times (as have I...) I love it. Anyway, you know the fellow who plays Alan Shepard (Scott Glenn?) Well, he once held the door open for me at Starbucks. I LOVE Scott Glen, and I froze, right in the doorway. No one could get in or out. I finally was able to stagger my way onto the street, and then I thought, "Well, that was embarrassing.

If you see Kevin Spacey, you can tell him Josie says hello. I LOVE him too. I thought he was wonderful in K-PAX, and everyone panned it. He should have won an Oscar for that role.

Have a FABULOUS time in New York.

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Jazz,
Breaking Kevin Spacey's leg is not my idea of a good time. Maybe I'll just stand 20 feet away and gaze upon his awesomeness.

Josie,
That's hilarious! Scott Glenn was also in "The Shipping News" WITH KEVIN SPACEY! It's like we're playing that 6 degrees game. "The Shipping News" is actually listed on my profile here as one of my all-time favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, you should rent it. The original book was written by the same broad that wrote "Brokeback Mountain." It's nothing like that, it's just that she IS a famous author.

Jo said...

Geewits, "The Shipping News" is one of those movies that I make sure to watch every time it comes on. I LOVE it. AND it takes place in Canada. Newfoundland. What a fabulous movie. Judi Dench was great in it as well.

Vancouver is a great place for running into movie stars (literally). A few months ago I ran into Colin Firth, and I also ran into Brian Dennehy (he has a chest like a bull) and I ran into Pierce Brosnan. Maybe I should watch where I'm going. Once when I was in New York I saw Gene Hackman and he *winked* at me. I stopped breathing.

Josie