Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Flooding Here


Because I was out all day on Monday, I missed all the news and had no idea how bad the flooding was late Sunday/early Monday, but the stories were picked up as far away as Canada. The Skyline Mobile Home park is the place I've mentioned a few times over the years in my blog. I ranted about the roads back in September 2005, and it is also the place where "Lenny and Squiggy" lived. I didn't see "Lenny" much after that post and I think it has been maybe two months since I delivered there. The bad news is "Lenny" lived AT THE VERY BOTTOM of that hill. By the creek. The creek that flooded. As bereft as he was after losing "Squiggy," if he was still there, he has now lost EVERYTHING. I'm going to contact MOW and see if they know anything. I can't even drive by there tomorrow because the place is closed to anyone that is not a resident and they have to show identification to get in. It's almost too much to think about. And a 4-year-old girl died there. Now I feel bad for ever making fun of the place. I think over almost 7 years, I've delivered to about 5 different homes there. Not anymore. The mayor is shutting the place down.
(Why is blogger so ornery tonight? My second link is showing up underneath my original post. Aaargh!)

5 comments:

Jazz said...

I saw the flooding on the news yesterday and immediately thought of you. You're not in the flood zone then?

I just went and read your Lenny and Squiggy post... so sad.

Ian Lidster said...

Just like Jazz, I too saw it on the news and immediately thought of you. Glad all is OK with you, if not with Lenny and Squiggy.
Stay dry.
Ian

Jo said...

Geewits, I saw the photos of the flooding, and I thought of you right away. There was even a photo of a woman who looked a bit like you, and I wondered, hmmmm.

Don't drown...!

Josie

geewits said...

The flooding in Tarrant county was over in my MOW delivery area - about 16 miles from my house. I live in a very high area AND at the top of a hill. If this house were to flood then pretty much the whole state of Texas would be under water.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hmmm. I posted earlier but its gone! At the risk of sounding like a broken record player........here it is again.

"Global Warming! Global Warming! Climate Change!" screeched the hysterical Squirrel Little (distant relative of Chicken Little).

Seriously though I hope Lenny and the others in the Mobile Park are Ok.