Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cool Moon



If you have 3D glasses, and who doesn't, this moon looks really cool. There is a much larger picture here. I check NASA's "Astronomy picture of the day" or "APOD" post EVERY day (there's a link there on the right). I love that stuff. Every once in a while they have an anaglyph (That's a fancy NASA word for 3D because being NASA people they have to use sciencey sounding words), so I keep my 3D glasses in the pen cup right here next to my beer. For some reason, I also tried looking at it with the glasses turned around, meaning blue on the left and red on the right and guess what I saw? Yep, it was going the other way. And if you are wondering where to get 3D glasses, I'm guessing a book store or comic book store. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Geewits, I looked all over half of Kitsilano today, looking for 3-D glasses. Tomorrow I'm going to the comic book store on 4th Avenue, to see if they have any. This looks really interesting.

Josie

geewits said...

I'm a HUGE astronomy fan and I've seen the moon through a 5 inch and 8 inch telescope. This picture is really awesome, but go to the link for the best effect. I hope you find the 3D glasses!

Jo said...

Geewits, my Dad was an astronomy fan as well, and he had books and books on astronomy. He was a big fan of Carl Sagen. I'm on a mission to find 3D glasses today.

Josie