Sunday, June 17, 2007

Some New York Pics

This is me standing in front of the Hudson Bay at
Robert F. Wagner Jr. Park. I LOVED that place!

This isn't that bad for a disposable camera. The view through
the binoculars was GREAT!

This is looking to the left from the park. The park is on
the west side of the bottom tip of Manhattan,
so this picture is looking eastish.

This is looking to the right or west from where I was sitting in the park.
The open part where I was in front of the Statue of Liberty
was between these two areas.

Although the timing wasn't right to try to do the stage door autograph thing with Kevin Spacey, I was still stalking him in my own way.
He was actually inside performing when this was taken!

I wish someone had told me that I looked like I had just taken
a curler out of my bangs before this was taken!

The blue thing in my hand is the T-shirt I had just bought
for my BIL at this fire station.

It was closed but I took a picture anyway.

I LOVE this picture. The beads were in the doorway of the little alcove with the ice machine and soft drink machine. We had just walked out of the room and I jumped back there and said 'Take my picture!" Then some people came down the hall and I jumped out of there and hurried along.
~
~


Some side notes: We didn't get to see Lisa, my SIL today after all, but My Sweetie talked to her and she managed to have a VERY long sleep, so I'm very happy that she got some rest. I haven't been able to talk to her yet to find out why BIL finally consented to the third surgery. I just hope they get the shunt positioned correctly this time and he can make a full recovery.
~
On a lighter note, we had a salad with dinner tonight which included our very first homegrown tomatoes. I didn't expect them to be so tasty since we've had so much rain, but they were yummy.

7 comments:

Tai said...

Say 'hi' to Kevin for me when you finally get a chance to 'accidently' run in him, wouldya?
He's one of my favorites, too!

Jo said...

Geewits, great pictures. I have been to that very park. I have pictures of myself there as well. Those are good pictures of you. (Don'tcha just hate "curler bangs"?)

Gosh, you got that close to Kevin Spacey? Knowing me, I would have hung around until he came out. Did you see any other celebrities?

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Tai and Josie,
I would have stayed for another hour or so to wait for him but my husband would have probably had a rabid stroke.
And Josie, I wasn't so keen on myself in the pics but felt brave to post them anyway! And I thought of you in that park when the Circle Line tour boat cruised by.

Leslie: said...

I still have to get to New York some day - it's on my list but heaven only knows when I'll get there. Josie's been and knows the city, so we'll have to go together. She can be my personal tour guide.
Praying for your BIL for tomorrow's surgery.

geewits said...

Thanks Leslie,
It's a 7:15 am. The doctors say it will go pretty quickly and is pretty simple. I hope they get it right this time.

Jazz said...

I love the pictures. I can't wait for "real tomato" season to start here. I'm sick to death of those plastic tomatoes you get most of the year, but I am that much of a tomato whore that I'll eat even those and even at outrageous prices. Just a couple more weeks...

Jo said...

Geewits, I just popped over to see how you BIL is doing.

Josie