Friday, February 29, 2008

How Wednesday Went



I don't go to Red Lobster enough to remember why I don't go there. I hope the next time I think about going to lunch there someone will run up and kick me in the shin. Their tartar sauce tastes like bad coleslaw with too much onion. Their shrimp is tiny and dry and the service was awful and I was at the bar. I walked in and said, "I'm going to sit at the bar." The dudes (there were TWO of them) said, "Okay, we'll bring a menu right over." About 7 minutes passed with no menu and no bartender. She finally came out and took the order of the guy on my left who had sat down 4 minutes after I did. I hope I remember not to go there again.

The morning started out bad enough. I already had the shower running when the doorbell rang. AT 9:30 A.M.!!!! My first thought was "Why is my doorbell ringing at 9:30?" My next thought was "Who would ring my doorbell at 9:30?" I opened the door and it was the lawn service guy. We just started this lawn service and I told the guy, "Make a note to NEVER come here on Wednesdays." I was very irritated because I had to close the blinds in my bedroom and bathroom. I like my blinds open. But because I am generally a positive thinker, I realized in the shower that if the guy had arrived 10 minutes later, I would have been in the shower and seen a guy walking around in my backyard. That would not have been good.

My MOW route seemed to take forever. My first stop was a no response and I had to got through all the protocol that I've talked about before. At my third stop, my buddy lady wanted me to do a few things and my fifth stop guy wanted to talk and he talks veeeerrrrrrrryyyy ssssslllllooooowwwlllllllyyyy. I finally finished my route and made my stupid lunch decision.

After my bad lunch I went to the country club to meet with James Bond and he was still in his 2:00 meeting. My waiting narcolepsy kicked in and I was just about to doze off in the lobby when I was saved by some other guy walking up and offering to show me around. The room (the Winchester Room - how Texasy is that?!?) was nice and has a great view over the golf course and a little pond. When we were finished there and went back upstairs, James Bond was ready for me. I had fun picking out the menu and discussing various things. I'm almost 47 and have never planned anything like this so it was a great learning experience.

Now all I can think about is this event and I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about centerpieces and whatnot. I need to stop that. It's just that I keep getting ideas all the time. They were married in Hawaii, so I want to have leis for everyone. But I did choose to have an open bar. And that was for me.

16 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Is there really such a thing as "waiting narcolepsy"? Sleepy squirrels wanna know.

geewits said...

I think I first posted about it here:
http://geewits.blogspot.com/2007/08/its-all-fun-and-games-until.html

I think someone else told me they had it later, but I forgot who it was.

Jazz said...

Yay for the open bar! Can I crash the party??

Oh, and Bond, James Bond... what does he look like? If you tell me he's bald and has a beer belly I'll cry, I will.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~He was a bird-faced, bulgey-eyed, little pale guy that "plays for the other team." And you could crash the party, but I imagine you will be off in some exoctic locale at the time.

Sharyna said...

Oh darn, I was falling for Red Lobster. Had that craving... Now I won't go there.

sharyna

Jo said...

Wow! You had a bad day. And then you had some weirdo phoning you at 2:00 in the morning. The perfect ending to a perfect day, right? *heh*

When you come to Vancouver, we'll get some really good lobster.

Cycling Goddess said...

Oh dear what a day you had! And to discover that James Bond plays for the other team? Here goes another illusion! LOL

I love open bars at parties. Glad to hear the venue is inspiring, nothing worse than having an open bar at a crappy place :)

geewits said...

Sharyna,
~~I wouldn't recommend it unless you just want a salad. They have great Ranch dressing.

Josie,
~~Heh heh! How about some good shrimp while we're at it?

HD,
~~Au Contraire! How about NO bar at a crappy place?

Cycling Goddess said...

So true, how could one be without beer or vino? Raising my glass to you tonight! :)

Scarlet said...

You can't go wrong w/ James Bond as your Catering Director!

Just the other day I was telling my husband we should go to Red Lobster. You made it sound like my Applebee's experience, so I'm not that excited about going there now.

Leis are fun...open bars, too! Enjoy the planning stage!

geewits said...

HD,
~~Cheers!

Scarlet,
~~Applebees? Ick. I call Applebees "Dennys with beer."

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I have never liked Red Lobster. The food is not that good and the service is always pretty crappy...AND, it's ALWAYS crowded with people! (lol)

Sounds like you are having a great time with the plans for this party! Isn't it fun to do something like this?

Cycling Goddess said...

geewits, thought I'd let you know I tagged you on Josie's meme :) When you have a minute... of course... :)

Leslie: said...

What a day! I HATE it when someone rings my doorbell - any time when I'm not expecting anyone! I always think "Oh my God, is my hair messy, do I have lipstick on? Who COULD that be?" Stupid, I know! AND to find out that JB isn't really JB! so sad... can hardly wait to meet you in May!!!

Jo said...

Geewits, when you come to Vancouver, we have a place called White Spot. It's the BEST food. The hamburgers are the best in Canada, hands down.

AND they serve beer. :-)

geewits said...

HD,
~~I'll get to that. Love the kitty!

Leslie,
~~Well, if that's stupid, just call me "Stupid."

Josie,
~~I'm not a giant burger fan, but I'm game for any place that has beer!