Sunday, February 03, 2008

I operate on 1/2 B.P.

I was looking at my garage door opener motor thing the other day and I noticed it said "1/2 H.P." And I thought, 1/2 horse power? What is that? Is that the power of half a horse? So I started thinking about half of a horse. And I thought, well there's the front half and the back half:
So I figured half horse power, no matter how you sliced the horse, pretty much meant a two-legged horse. I even pictured it being sliced in half sidewise. You'd still have a two-legged horse. So I thought instead of 1/2 H.P, it should be 2-L.H.P. (for two-legged horse power). Then I thought of this:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh.. thanks for that :D

Big Brother said...

Interesting musings... what do you do for 1/4 HP?
PS we have the same garage door opener, Sears sells everywhere.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Ummm. Sounds like someone with too much time and a cropping tool. Hahaha. Still its amusing none the less.

Scarlet said...

Nice concept. Nice cropping.

One of those things that make you go hmmm.

Jo said...

Thanks for the giggle. It reminds me of the "push-me-pull-you" in Dr. Dolittle. :-)

Cycling Goddess said...

Great train of thought, way cool. And thanks for the laugh, I needed that today :)

Jammie J. said...

I remember when I replaced my garage door opener at my condo, I got the cheapest one they had at Home Depot, but apparently it was still more HP than the one I replaced. Damn near threw the garage door into the canyon!

You might find this to be an interesting read:

http://www.answers.com/topic/horse-power

meggie said...

Laughed at your post, then laughed again at jammie j.

Jocelyn said...

If you start chopping up animals for real, and then storing them in a special freezer,

get help.

Jazz said...

wow, the things you think about!