Friday, February 08, 2008

Lovely Wednesday

I need to start this post by saying that when it comes to Flickr, I'm really dense. I already had three folders although one of them was junk, so they insisted that to create a new folder (they call them "sets"), I needed to give them money. It took me quite a while to figure out how to delete 4 pictures and rename the set "Japanese Gardens," but by golly, I did it! I may also have deleted my blog picture because that seems like something that would happen.
~
Wednesday started out well, and we got an early start for Meals on Wheels. It was the easiest packing and sorting I've had in months. All the regular meal people chose menu A and the two diet people chose B. That may not sound like much, but if you're not a morning person and you're trying to sort your diet and regular A's and B's, it can tangle your brain. When I got to Myriam's house, a lady from her church was there helping her with general cleaning, and she heaped effusive praise on me for her new faucet. That was sweet. When we left her neighborhood we saw this lawn chair in a tree and I had to take a picture:

I think it went up there in the "Crazy Winds" we had, but My Sweetie thinks it was a prank. It's possible that an irate neighbor was protesting because that house still has the Christmas lights up. After MOW, we went to my dumpy little catfish place - My Sweetie's choice. Yummy. Then we went to the Japanese Gardens:

I didn't know what to expect because I had only been once in late April so I wasn't expecting much for the middle of winter, but everything was gorgeous! My Sweetie had never been at all so he was pleasantly surprised that there was fauna as well as flora. There are lots of koi and they have little machines, like gumball machines, to buy fish food. The machines say, "fish food," but apparently ducks and squirrels can not read, because they were big fans of the fish food. The ducks were very aggressive and were practically taking the pellets right out of the fishies' mouths. And the squirrel? He came right up and begged like a puppy! He was so cute. There were also turtles sunning on a log. if you want to see all these creatures and the Japanese Gardens photos I took click HERE. Now My Sweetie can't wait to go back when everything is in bloom. After the Japanese Gardens we went to Hobby Lobby where I bought some modeling clay, other random fun things and this cute thing that I hung on my fence:

And of course, as I mentioned in the last post, my team won THE Big Game. I wish every day could be like Wednesday. It was a perfect day. I hope you all have a perfect day.

16 comments:

Jazz said...

I want a perfect day. Gimme one.

Jazz said...

Oh, and those pictures are beautiful. I want a perfect day with great pics.

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Hi there.

Tai said...

What a fabulous day! I love Japanese gardens...there's some stunning ones in Vancouver, we'll have to take you there!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a fantastic day you had with your Sweetie....At The Huntington Library & Gsrdens here, one of the Gardens is a Japanese Garden.....I always loved going there because it is so very peaceful and beautiful in this subtle relaxed way....I hope when you go back when things are in bloom, DO take pictures...THAT will be such a treat for all of us to see, too.....!

I love that chair in the tree! LOL! It had to be quite a shock to see this....!

Cycling Goddess said...

Great pics, great day. Isn't it great to have perfect days like these? The cute thing you hung on your fence is also lovely.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~I was so surprised that it was still so pretty in the winter. It's very lush and peaceful in the spring. And I bestow upon your brow: A Perfect Day

Sir James,
~~Hi back at ya.

Tai,
~~Ian mentioned that in the last post. I'll think about it. My itinerary is getting rather full.

Naomi,
~~When I noticed the chair, I was all, "Wait! Stop! Back up!" My husband had no idea what I was talking about.

HD,
~~A perfect day comes along so rarely, I really savored it. Thanks about the fence thing. I had been looking for just the right thing for years. And it was 1/2 price! That's x0.5 in Canadian dollars!

BBC said...

Ah, winds, getting worse every year as mankind screws up this planet.

Not that I didn't do my share when younger.

Ian Lidster said...

Perfect days must always be cherished just like you cherished yours. But, I would expect nothing less of you.

Jo said...

Geewits, those are beautiful...! It reminds me very much of Van Dusen Gardens here in Vancouver. I keep thinking of so many places to take you, you will have to stay for a month! :-)

How the Sam Hill did that lawn chair get into that tree?

And, there's nothing like a perfect day, is there? I plan to have one myself, as soon as I get rid of this wretched cold.

Scarlet said...

Geewits, those are great pics! I love that chair in the tree. It reminds me of the kind of sights you see here after a hurricane.

You also inspire me to plan more date nights with my husband. You always seem to have such spur of the moment fun times w/ your sweetie. Good for you!

Leslie: said...

We also have Nitobe Gardens out at the university (am an alum but never went to the gardens!). What a lovely outing!

Jocelyn said...

The gardens are tremendous! It's amazing to me to see sun, quite frankly. We've had one sunny day in the last month, I think.

Hurrah for a perfect day (and a lawn chair up high).

geewits said...

Ian,
~~I love the good things in life and am pretty easily pleased.

Josie,
~~I hope you lose that cold soon. Everybody keeps saying I should see the japanese Gardens there, but if they are similar....well I'd rather see things I can't see here. Like VANCOUVER. :0

Scarlet,
~~Date nights are great, ust don't overthing them.

Leslie,
~~It WAS a lovely outing.

Jocelyn,
~~According to random internet sites, we have about 235 sunny days a year. That's 64% of the year. Not too shabby, I guess.

Jammie J. said...

I'd like to see someone sit in that chair up there. HA! :)

A date day with your sweetie = awesome! :)

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~It's funny you said that, because I was picturing an old lady sitting in the chair knitting, like in The Wizard of Oz!