Monday, February 18, 2008

Pictures of Me and Other Things

When I had to move stuff around last week in flickr to post my Japanese Gardens photos I deleted the picture that was on my profile but oddly it stayed on here for over a week. Then today, "POOF!" it was gone. I wasn't crazy about it because I felt like it looked like I was copying other pictures I had seen on other blogs. I like to use the most recent photos for my picture and I was looking for a newish pic to use and I noticed I had on the same T-shirt in several pictures. I thought to myself, "Why is this shirt in every picture? I don't wear it that often." and then laughed out loud when I realized that I had it on! I'm wearing it right now!














This is the T-shirt. And we actually have two of them and it has long sleeves, so it is very cozy when it's chilly, like now. I even have a short sleeve version and a white short-sleeved one. I don't even know what the "IV" stands for but they were free. We get lots of free T's from My Sweetie's job.

Anyway I picked out the picture over there (up there?) because it's from the bar in San Diego when we watched the Duke game on January 6th. I didn't realize until recently that January 6th was the 13th anniversary of the day I met My Sweetie, so it seemed like an appropriate picture. Speaking of pictures of me, I thought I'd show my Driver's License picture because it always makes me laugh. It looks like I was on my way to a costume party when I stopped to get my license renewed. Cleopatra, yes?

In other news, we had terrible weather over the weekend. We had hail 3 times: once on Friday and twice on Saturday. It was probably what they call "pea-sized" but one of the times we had the "marble-sized." This is my patio on Saturday:


Here's recent photo of Barney. He weighs 14 lbs. now and he's about 9 months old. He's a sweet loving kitty and sports a cute cummerbund:


And these are my Valentine's Day flowers. I really love the vase. It makes me want to get a goldfish or learn how to do sandscapes.

17 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I love your flowers and your vase. What a cool vase!

Barney -- OH MY how he's grown. He's getting soooo big. Hehe. But, like you say, things grow bigger in Texas. :)

What a funny story about your shirt. That made me laugh, too. I love your new blog picture, that's cool. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hey, I actually think your driver's license photo is pretty.....well, pretty.

Jazz said...

Barney is adorable... 14 (!) pounds of cute.

Tai said...

Love the new picture, and love Barney!

geewits said...

J,
~~Thanks! I need to figure out what to do with the vase when the flowers die.

LGS,
~~Really? It's so odd looking. I call it my "Egyptian Picture." I get double takes from clerks. They don't think it's really me.

Jazz,
~~And he's as sweet as he is cute!

Tai,
~~Thanks! Barney is easy to love.

Jocelyn said...

I guess the big question is: and what are you wearing right now?

Jo said...

Barney is the cutest cat in the entire universe!!!

Your photo on your driver's licence looks exactly like the actress JoBeth Williams. You could be her sister.

Ian Lidster said...

I think you're the only person I've ever seen who looks adorable in a driver's licence photo. You should be very proud.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~An old cotton knit short robe. I just took a shower. Is that really the question?

Josie,
~~JoBeth Williams is Egyptian?

Ian
~~Noooo! It's horrible. I had a great one in my early 20's and took my time changing to my married name because I didn't want a new picture.

Scarlet said...

The pics are cute...Barney, you with the Egyptian look and those Valentine flowers.

I also love your new blog photo! Very cool.

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Thanks! I love to take pictures.

Celeste said...

I don't think your driver's license is so bad....the question is: when was it taken? It amazes me that this vital ID can be renewed by mail (or on line) in TX every 4 years after every 4 years. The likeness becomes lacking over time (or that's the way it has worked for me).

Great cat!

Cycling Goddess said...

Barney is a lovely cat, geewits. I love the flowers and the vase. Beautiful pics :)

geewits said...

Celeste,
~~That's a good question (the when). My best guess is after I got married, because you have to go in then with your marriage certificate. But I got married in December 2000 and I'm wearing a summer dress, so I guess I took my time changing my name and the pic was taked summer of 2001.

HD,
~~My cat is cute, YOUR cat is lovely!

Leslie: said...

Have to admit I'm not normally a cat person, but Barney looks adorable! He's such a "pretty" (sorry, Barney, but couldn't think of another word for it) colour! And that's amazing that he let you hold him on his back like that!

Anonymous said...

Just found your site....interesting reading it..I agree about laughter!!!
Pam 'Oh Da Woods
http://dawoods12.blogspot.com

geewits said...

Leslie,
~~He's on my husband there. He'll let you hold him anyway you want to hold him! The cat I mean.

Pam,
~~Thanks!