Monday, February 11, 2008

Things I Made Recently

Here are some things that I made recently:

I made a pizza Saturday night. I don't think I've made a pizza in 10 years. I bought the crust pre-made, but the rest was all me. Well, sort of - I made a killer easy pizza sauce by draining a can of diced Italian style tomatoes and running them through the blender. It was great! The toppings were red and green pepper strips and thin pepperoni (and mozzarella, of course).

I made the mistake of telling my hairdresser that he could cut my hair as short as he wanted to because it would grow back.

I made a call to my estranged brother in North Carolina. You could ask me why until you're blue in the face and I don't think I could come up with a good answer, but I'm glad I called.

I made myself laugh today. I was thinking about future lighting work in the house. I want two potlights for the kitchen and was thinking how nice sconces would look in a particular place in the living room. Except, in my head, I was using the word "scones." That would not be a good idea and would most likely attract ants.

I made these goofy little things with my new modeling clay. I've loved playing with modeling clay since I was 3 or 4. I wanted to make Snoopy but I did not have enough white clay.



And best of all......


I made my airline reservations for my June Vancouver trip!!!!

18 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This was a very interesting "I MADE"....I like thatyou covered so very many areas in the use of this word!
LOVE the Clay Pieces! That Rose is really quite wonderful!!!

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Thanks! That is a wonderful compliment coming from you!

Jazz said...

And how short is your hair exactly? Pics are in order.

Tai said...

Hooray! Vancouver in June!
(neat list...I quite liked that)

Middle Ditch said...

Love the clay figures ... Saw one of your comments about hygiene and I had to agree.

The most popular eating place here is a Turkish restaurant. The food is absolutely fabulous. I was just very glad that I visited their bathroom facilities after I had eaten. Now it's not that popular to me anymore.

Show us a picture of your hair.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Aw, hell no. If I had a choice, I wouldn't leave my house for a month. I've already had to figure out new places to eat lunch on Wednesdays!

Tai,
~~I'm looking forward to meeting you after my fun ferry ride!

Middle Ditch,
~~I've said the exact same thing about a restaurant before: "Glad I didn't see the bathroom first!"

There will be no hair pictures.

Jo said...

"I made the mistake of telling my hairdresser that he could cut my hair as short as he wanted to because it would grow back."

Been there, done that...

I recognize the rose and the dinosaur, but what is that yellow thing? It looks like a cross between a duck and a tyrannosaurus rex. *heh*

You will have tons of fun in Vancouver, by the way...:-)

geewits said...

Josie,
~~And the thing is, I had just cut my bangs and he is not supposed to touch them ever, but they are shorter. I HATE when my bangs are too short.

It's Woodstock!

BBC said...

I do most of my own cooking from scratch and feed the old lady next door. And I make my own pizza's, but mostly breakfast pizza's. They are very good.

Ranch dressing is good for a pizza sauce.

I don't even want to know if my brother is alive.

I use modeling clay sometimes, for inventing. I use the kind you can bake to make it hard.

Michael said...

Snoopy scones are delicious. I'd be ensconced in 'em.

geewits said...

bbc,
~~I once felt like that about my brother, but life is short.

Michael,
~~I didn't know you had a silly side. I think TDR has made an impact on you!

ticknart said...

When I worked at 'Bucks, lots of people asked me to get them a sconce with their coffee. They really like the maple sconces.

Cycling Goddess said...

What a lovely list, geewits!

I've had the hair thing done once too... now she knows better :)

Loved the clay creations. You're a very creative person.

Yay for your visit to beautiful Vancouver and in June too. Should be fabulous weather. You'll have a blast.

Good for you on calling your brother. You're right, life is too short for that. Maybe I should contact my dad.

Ian Lidster said...

You just have been so darn creative and proactive, haven't you. I'm proud of you.

Jay said...

Yay for Vancouver, and yay for your overall makiness.

Jocelyn said...

I agree with Jazz: photos, please!

Great job on calling your brother, no matter why.

This is such an uplifting post, in a completely not sappy way.

geewits said...

Ticknart,
~~Maple sconces. Hee hee. Thanks for that!

HD,
~~Thanks for that. I needed it.

Ian,
~~You are too kind!

Jay,
~~I love that you make up new variations of words. I'm all wordly too!

Jocelyn,
~~I'd hate to sap you out. That would sap!

Jammie J. said...

You called your brother? Holy toledo! Is the world coming to an end? Or was your hair cut that bad? *huge eyes*