Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's All About Texas!


Although my Mom and I love Texas, neither of us were born here, and we laugh at a lot of Texas ways and things. The thing that's always cracked us up the most is how no matter what is going on in the world, the Texas news folks try to make it about Texas. If they do a story about hurricane Katrina, they slant it to talk about how many Katrina victims relocated to Texas. If they do a Super Bowl story they will manage a Texas connection. It's always about Texas. The primaries today? Texas. Now all the news reports are about how for the first time in a generation, Texas will make the big difference and break the (almost) tie between Obama and Clinton. Yay! It's all about Texas now!

7 comments:

Jazz said...

The centre of the universe thing? You'll have to hash it out with Toronto. They think they're the center of the universe...

Everyone knows it's Montreal!

Tai said...

Everything I do or see here on Vancouver Island I try to tie into Texas. I mean, it IS the centre of the universe and all.
LOL!

ticknart said...

Maybe Texas should go crazy and choose Kucinich, just so, at the national convention, its delegates can really be the tie breaker.

Cycling Goddess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

You want to hear something funny? When I heard about the tornadoes in the States today, the first person I thought of was you, and I wondered if you had any in Texas. I guess Texas is the center of the universe...!

Scarlet said...

God bless Texas, but it's Florida that always makes the news. The Florida voters, the riots in Miami, the biggest hurricanes.

(I didn't say I was proud of it...but we do get a lot of coverage!)

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~I'm sue it's anywher but here. But not according to the local news.

Tai,
~~Yes. Pamela Anderson from B.C. probably once spoke to Owen Wilson, who is from Texas. See?

Ticknart,
~~GO crazy?

HD,
~~Not sure what you said, but I'm sure you are right.

Josie,
~~Well it certainly is close to the center of tornado aley.

Scarlet,
~~Yes. I think your state may be weirder than mine.