Through the years I've read many posts about what I'm going to post about, but I hope that mine is more a reflection on me and what I'm about. This post is about you readers that read but don't comment. ( Hi! ) Usually bloggers say friendly stuff like "Hey' Ya'll! Don't be afraid to comment!" or something like that. But I understand that there are reasons not to comment.
I read some blogs that I don't comment on and here are the reasons:
1. - I prefer to comment on blogs that the blogger responds to the comment, so if a blogger does not respond to comments, I don't leave a comment. Well, except for Naomi. (There's always an exception to every rule.)
2. - I read a few blogs that the blogger is so very out there to me that I feel like I don't have anything to say to them except: "What's wrong with you!??!" or "Gross! Who does that!!!!???" And that's not a good idea and I honestly don't even know why I read those blogs. (Seriously. What's wrong with me?)
3. - Some blogs are just so big and popular that it seems pointless to leave a comment. I only read one of those.
4. - Sometimes I don't post a comment on a blog that I am a regular commenter on because the subject matter is out of my reach or basically, I feel like I have nothing to contribute.
5. - If someone has a lot of photography posts I feel goofy saying "Nice picture!" over and over again. I am not qualified to remark on how they captured the light or anything. To me they are just nice pictures.
So to my readers that don't comment, I know it can't be for reasons 1, 3, or 5. I don't think #4 could be it, so I guess you find me terribly annoying (#2). Or maybe it's not about me at all. Maybe you're just shy. If you want to pipe in, please do. I love opinions.
And to you fellow bloggers that leave comments on a regular basis: Thanks! Every comment is like finding money in a coat pocket that you forgot about.