Sunday, August 03, 2008

I was going to do a whole post about our long day out today (Saturday, I mean) and how it was so hot, 107 degrees, (no kidding) and I had pictures of my before and after shower curtains in my beach themed bathroom, but I just spent 2 hours working on photos and posting some of the collectibles from Mom's house on Craig's List, so I decided to delay that post and was also wondering how long I could make this sentence. It was pretty long. But I do really love the new shower curtain. I don't know why I don't like doing the Craig's List ads. I feel like I sound like a cheesy 4 am infomercial. But hey! They wouldn't be buying that air time if they weren't making money, right? Right? Who knows? Maybe it's a tax write off. Anyway here are my Craig's List ads if you are curious and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/781012956.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/781010630.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/781007362.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/781003333.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/780993448.html

I introduced My Sweetie to Petey the naked Sphinx Cat today. That was fun. I'll tell all the rest later. I am very tired. Happy August everyone and now we are all burning to a crisp. I think it's supposed to be 109 today. Seriously, that's just not appropriate.

11 comments:

VioletSky said...

You are all a wonder to me, you who can live in places of such heat.

Cycling Goddess said...

Happy August to you too! I agree with you, it's always challenging to write an ad on Craig's list. But I love the ads, they're well written. Hope you sell them quickly!

109 degrees today? that's just insane...

Jammie J. said...

I'm sure there's a story here, and maybe you've already told me, but what do you got against certified checks? What the heck IS a certified check?

geewits said...

Violetsky,
~~Every year at this time, I wonder myself.

Urban,
~~Thanks, and yes, it's downright silly.

J,
~~You get responses like this:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me,am interested in your item and i will like to buy this item from you...am okay with the price listed for your item...So please do withdraw the advert.I will also like you to know that i will be paying via Certified Bank Check due to the distance i am.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check today.

Your full name
.Your mailing address(residential)
.Your phone number.

I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping,i will have my shipper come over as soon as you have cashed the check.....Await your response as soon as possible.


There are warnings all over Craig's List about them. The checks are bogus but look real enough that your bank will cash it and then charge you. Plus, I'm not gonna give out my information to anyone!

Anonymous said...

Whoa -- 109 degrees? I'd go stark raving mad... oh wait, I guess that explains a lot about Texans

Carole said...

Geewits,
When we drove back into town yesterday and my car was registering 108 outside, I was pretty surprised! I had no idea it was going to be that hot. Last Monday I spent hours outside in a pool when it was 105 out. I stayed nice and cool, but I guess the ozone/pollution alert was real because I had a migraine for 4 days afterwards! Ack! So needless to say, I'll be staying in mostly until it cools down some.

Also, I wanted to comment on your last post since I was out of town and missed it...I think the sticky on your windshield is due to aphids. Ya know last year there for awhile all of us had horrible sticky all over everything...well they came on the news and were talking about the horrible aphid infestation all over the metroplex being the cause of it. I suspect your crepe myrtle has aphids. You can definitely get something for that.

One last thing, years ago in my Comp. I English class, I always use to write using long sentences, and the punctuation was nearly always correct; so, my English professor use to circle whole paragraphs, and write in red pen out to the side, "awkward sentence structure". haha I still make long sentences too!

Jazz said...

Am I the only one to prefer 109 to 72 and cloudy and rainy? I guess so.

geewits said...

Xup,
~~Well it certainly explains a lot about me.

Carole,
~~I guess I should look at the tree. I'm glad you're back. I had a minor emergency on Friday and had to go up two houses to find someone to pull glass out of my foot!

Jazz,
~~You're just crazy like that.

Jammie J. said...

See, I knew there was a story about the certified check! Knew it!

Sounds like there's another story here about glass in your foot. I hope you're okay... ?

geewits said...

J,
~~Odd, I just finished posting about that!

Carole said...

Sorry to hear about your foot! I hope you're okay now. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Today was a catch up day for me. Also, I meant to tell you that I thought all of your Craig's List ads looked good, and they're some interesting items too!