Friday, August 15, 2008

Random Friday Goof Gab


Tuesday I was over at the house doing some packing and whatnot and I couldn't find the scissors so I imagined I could find some other scissors that most likely didn't exist and was going through the few drawers left that still have stuff in them and I found THAT.
~
I found it inordinately amusing. First I just laughed without really knowing why, and then I thought, well if this isn't the perfect illustration of poor planning, I don't know what is. I tossed it in my purse because it amuses the hell out of me. I think I'll get one of those deep frames for medals or whatever and frame it. I really like it.
~
~
Every night between 11:00 and midnight I go out to water the poor struggling dry crisps flowers on the deck. I can't believe they haven't all burst into flames by now. It's generally not too hot at that time of night, but I have to deal with spider webs and mosquitoes. I usually spray my legs with this lemon body splash I have, and that helps with the mosquitoes, but tonight I got a bite on each arm. Then about an hour ago a giant storm blew up and now it is pouring rain. So I got those bites for nothing! It’s like when I kept having contractions after they told me I had to have a C-section. What was the point?
~
~
So just as I was typing that last paragraph, the cable went out. Now no TV or internet, but I did have the presence of mind to copy and paste this into Word on my computer. I better quit while I’m ahead in case the power goes out.

~
Okay, the storm is gone, I'm back on the worldwide.
~
XUP did a post about hands so of course I've been looking at my hands a lot. And I mean A LOT. I think my right hand is bigger than my left hand. I mean I knew my ring sizes were different, but I attributed that to use. Like finger muscles I guess. But now I think my right hand is just bigger, like my right foot is bigger than my left. Also something else was bigger on the right, but I had that taken care of when I did that thing I did. I'm just lopsided. Pretty much like this post. TGIF!

11 comments:

Jazz said...

It’s like when I kept having contractions after they told me I had to have a C-section. What was the point?

Indeed.

Oh, and that picture? Brilliant.

Cycling Goddess said...

Love the pic :) Kinda like my brain sometimes lol Happy Friday!

Big Brother said...

At least you won't lose the key...;o)

Anonymous said...

Glad to have caused you to question your very existence. I think we're all a bit lopsided, so don't fret. I think we'd implode or fall over a lot or something if we were perfectly symmetrical.

Scarlet said...

LOL - "I'm just lopsided." You are too funny!

As for the lock and key, how freaky is that?? So close and yet so far, huh? I think it's hysterical that you plan to frame it. It would make a wonderful conversation piece!

Carole said...

You know what they say, "one man's key chain is another man's lock".

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Thanks!

Urban,
~~Well, there is a sort of organization to it.

Big brother,
~~I imagine that is exactly what my mother was thinking.

Xup,
~~Yeah, but I'd like to be a little bit more. Heck, my arms are even different lengths.

Scarlet,
~~I don't know about a conversation piece. I have a weird sense of humor.

Carole,
~~They do? That makes me laugh for some reason.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Poor planning, indeed...! LOL!
We;;, someone was really afraid of loosing that Second Key they always give you, I guess....I'm giving whomever the benefit of the doubt....lol!

Cycling Goddess said...

BTW, there's an award for you in my jungle :)

Carole said...

Well...okay, I made that saying up about one man's key chain is another man's lock. I think the real saying is one man's trash is another man's treasure, but...the saying sprang to mind nevertheless! haha

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~I hadn't thought that it might be a second key. So, where is the first key?

Urban,
~~Thanks!

Carole,
~~I thought it was just one I didn't know!