Friday, August 31, 2007

Consumer Advocate? Uhm, no

As my own personal consumer advocate, I'd like to write a letter to Proctor & Gamble about their Bounty paper towels, but I know it would turn out bad. Like when I wrote to Warner Lambert telling them their tv ad sucked and I had a much better idea. This was regarding their stupid ad that showed a whole family disappear into hiding in a kitchen when the mom pulled out the Listerine. That commercial. . . okay I sat here for five minutes trying to think of a better description than "sucked," but I finally gave up. What happened was, I started getting a milion e-mails with happy cartoons about dental health and questionnaires and coupons and whatnot. And I posted about the time I wrote to the S.C. Johnson company with a simple question and got 4 pages of legal papers. And no they weren't a "Cease and Desist Order." They also send me e-mails called "The Clean Home Journal." So I know if I write to Proctor & Gamble nothing good will come of it. My only hope is they have a person whose job is to monitor the internet to see what people are saying about Proctor & Gamble (that's three) and they will come to this page and learn that THEY NEED TO FIX THE PERFORATION MACHINE FOR THE BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Ha! Geewits, only you. :-)

You don't have Hawkins Cheezies in the States, but they're wonderful. I wrote to the company to tell them I liked them, and they sent me a WHOLE CASE of them. So I wrote back to thank them, and they sent me another WHOLE CASE of Hawkins Cheezies. I stopped writing to them...

Ian Lidster said...

Why don't you write to BMW complaining about their product, and they might send you a new one -- even if you don't have an old one? Hey, it might be worth a shot.

geewits said...

Josie,
If it's cheezie, I know I'd like a case!

Ian,
LOL!