Monday, August 27, 2007

Yay! I'm Home!


I am SO tired and SO happy to be home! I have certainly realized that My Sweetie is the only person on Earth that can tolerate me over any period of time. The last couple of days it became a running joke that we all could not tolerate each other. Mothers and daughters, whayyagonnado? And I was both.

I had a great time and I have a million stories. And LOTS of pictures. I got to visit with both Kim and Lo. I had awesome seafood. I had some hushpuppies that were so good we called them crackpuppies. And I'm not even a bread eater. I saw A LOT of deer. Or maybe I should say I had many deer sightings, since they weren't wearing name tags. For all I know I saw the same six deer many times. And bunnies. Big brown bunnies. Oh, and one of my latest spoonerisms was, "I want to see some beer and dunnies!"

I didn't realize how much I annoyed my Mom. And you guys didn't help. Whenever I would say Josie this or Jeanette that and Mom would ask who that was, I'd say, "That's one of my blogger buddies," and you could almost hear Mom's eyes rolling into the back of her head. Like when a child has imaginary friends, I guess.

Tomorrow I'm going to figure out how to put my pictures on a Flickr slideshow thing.

Tonight I'm just going to enjoy being home.

10 comments:

Scarlet said...

Welcome back! We missed you. And by the way, tell your mom we are REAL! Too real.

Beers and dunnies...I love that!

Jazz said...

Welcome back!

ticknart said...

"And you could almost hear Mom's eyes rolling into the back of her head."

HA!

I know that sound.

geewits said...

Scarlet,
It won't help. I suppose she just thinks I am crazy.

Jazz,
Thanks. It's nice to be here.

Ticknart,
It sounds rather like tires rolling over gravel, right?

Jo said...

Geewits, welcome home!! And I know what you mean about mothers and daughters *sigh*.

I always say I went from being my mother's daughter, to being my daughter's mother. Somewhere along the way, I got lost in the middle. And, how often have I been at the receiving end of those rolling eyes....

Ha!

I hope you had a good time anyway!

Ian Lidster said...

Welcome back, my friend. Glad you're home, safe and sound, and enjoy the beer and dunnies.

Jammie J. said...

LOL -- I had a hard time explaining just who I was gonna go see in Texas when I went in May 2006. My boss asked me how I'd met them. I finally just said I met them through friends of a friend and now they were my friends. Hehe. Talk about convoluted.

At least I can say that my mom is almost as addicted to reading blogs as I am. I know this because she tells me when one of my links go bad. :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

It's hard for non-bloggers to understand the blogosphere world.

geewits said...

Josie,
When it comes to the mother/daughter stuff, I always know you'll get it.

Ian,
Thanks, and I will!

Jeanette,
I was SO tempted to drive down there last year, but....

JR,
Yeah, no kidding.

ticknart said...

Actually, where I come from the sound is more like nail being scraped on a chalkboard.