Thursday, August 09, 2007

Crazy New Route

I had only 6 Meals on Wheels people today, but they are REALLY spread out. The "start" on the map above is the church where I pick up the food and the "finish" is the last house on the route. I actually live about 12 miles east of the church. It was strange today knowing that I would never be stopping at Bertha's house again. I was all "Oh, I can go right here now instead of left." I wasn't even sure that I was picking the best course today, but after looking at it drawn out like this, I guess that's the best way to go.

Now that my trip is less than two weeks away, I finally started doing some preparations. I bought some cute tops today and took some white jeans that I bought a year or two (or three) ago to a tailor to get hemmed. I also made an appointment to get my hair newly furbished. I can't wait to hear the roar of the ocean and the squeaks of the seagulls. Yay!

8 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

In the Detroit area they don't have enough Meals on Wheels volunteers to meet the demand. It's too bad we don't have enough kind folks such as yourself.

Also, congrats to your friend for buying her first dwelling! Don't influence her to use crazy murals on her bathroom walls.

Jo said...

Geewits, I agree with JR, I think your volunteer work is fabulous.

Where is your next trip? And, that's bizarre that the last line of our posts were almost identical. What a hoot!

What are you getting done to your hair. It looks great now...!

Scarlet said...

Awesome! This is something I might want to do when the kids are older. Post some pics!

Stop by and check out my Boston photos sometime!

geewits said...

JR,
MOW was doing fine here until the gas hikes. As a matter of fact, when I first volunteered I was told they were full, so I would be a substitute, although that didn't last but a week or two. But now I think they are struggling.

As for Lo's bathroom she has a whole Mardi Gras theme going on. I don't think she would want a Mardi Gras mural, if you know what I mean.

Josie,
I like my hair now, but I'm thinking if I like it now, won't it be too long in two weeks? Plus it's very windy and humid there so I don't want a giant fuzz helmet. He's just going to trim it and apply a fresh color.

I will do a post about my trip. Maybe tonight.

Scarlet,
I'm glad you're back!

Jamie Dawn said...

Hey! You're going on a trip!! Sounds great!!!

I just got my hairs refurbished too. They need a good furbishing now and again.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I hope your trip is superb, and be sure NOT to get any stains on your white pants.

It's great that you deliver meals. Please do not bring any to me. Food is one thing I DO NOT need any more of.

geewits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
geewits said...

JD,
I got lucky and visited your blog for the "hows and bys." I could play that every day! I wish you hadn't mentioned stains on white pants. That's the type of thing I dwell on. and on. and on.

Happyone said...

I see you deliver Meals on Wheels. I have done that too for the past 12 years. The 4th of July was my last day. I thought after 12 years it was time to move on and do something else. I'm thinking about being a personal food shopper. That is also a service provided by Meals on Wheels. I checked out your blog after seeing your comments on scarlet's blog. Thought I would stop by and say Hi.