Friday, August 17, 2007

A Mini-Holiday

My Sweetie has taken today off (I'm assuming this will show as a Friday post, since it is after 2:00 a.m.). We are going to do some museum hopping. First, The Modern Art Museum to see Ron Mueck's freakishly lifelike sculptures and then, to the Science Museum to see the very cool Star Wars thing. Then we will stop by the Kimbell for a poster (I've been redecorating my guest room and am going with just 3 museum posters for wall decor). My Sweetie wants to get..... Okay, I went to look up the correct spelling of the poster he wants and realized that it is not at the Kimbell, it's at the Amon Carter museum which has been closed for most of the summer and does not reopen until Saturday. Hmmmm, maybe I can talk him into The Cardsharps. The poster he wants is Martin Johnson Heade's Thunder Storm on Naragansett Bay. (Wow, the picture came out tiny!)

Anyway, I hope we have fun and it doesn't lightning on us. I hate that. Thanks again for all the comments on my pictures from the last post and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Geewits, you know, my favorite thing to do is to play tourist in my own town. I Googled the Amon Carter Museum, and it looks gorgeous. My goodness.

And I like your sweetie's choice of painting as well. (I Googled it to have a better look as well.)

Have fun, and don't get hit by lightning :-)

P.S. Believe it or not, word verification is shop. Is that a good omen? :-)

geewits said...

shop? That's funny. We had a good time at the museums. The Star Wars thing was incerdible.