Monday, August 13, 2007

More about The Trip

Apparently my step-dad has decided that three generations of us is one or two too many and will be vacating the premises, so instead of the little $25 dollar a night guest cabin, we will stay with Mom in her Fancy Beach House.

Fancy Beach House, front view.



Fancy Beach House, rear view.

Mom has the world's largest green thumb and is an incessant gardener so I imagine everything will look a lot different this year. These pictures were taken last July. It's very nice inside and I love the screened porch. I practically lived on that thing last year. It's nice to sit at the little table out there drinking a beer, listening to the radio and browsing the internet. And the beach is just down the road.

Lo and Me: sunning at Surf City, July 2006

4 comments:

Jazz said...

I want a beach. Now. *sigh*

Scarlet said...

That looks so relaxing. I want a b & b...beer and beach! Enjoy!

Jo said...

Aw, Geewits, you got room for one more? *sigh*

You're going to have a wonderful time. The open ocean looks so beautiful there. Our ocean is protected by Vancouver Island, so we have to go all he way to the other side of the Island get to the open ocean, and the Pacific is cold over there (unless you go all the way to Hawaii...)

geewits said...

Jazz,
There's lots of beach out there.

Scarlet,
Don't you live at the beach?

Josie,
The first time I stepped into the Pacific IN THE SUMMERTIME I could not believe how cold it was. The N.C. beaches are always pleasant in the summer.