Monday, February 02, 2009

My Usual Disjointed Rambling

I've been a little blogger lazy lately. For no particular reason except I'm just lazy in general. A lady name Fightin' Mad Mary left a comment a couple of posts back and so I went to check out her blog and over on the right in the "about me" section she said "I only read blogs with pictures."
~
I thought that was interesting. For some reason it reminded me of when I was a little kid and "Bewitched" would come on and I'd be all excited thinking it was a cartoon. And then after the credits, it was just regular people and I would be all disappointed. And it took me several times before my toddler brain put it together and realized it would happen every time.
It also reminded me of an article my newspaper had some time back about "how to be a popular blogger" or something to that effect. I remember it said "Always have a picture." I usually have pictures because I like to show people what I'm talking about but sometimes I post without a picture, because it doesn't seem necessary. To me anyway. Besides, I don't want to be a popular blogger. I think I'd get brain damage if I had even 20 comments. I've never gone around finding blogs to comment on so they would find me. In my early thinking about blogging, I thought you found people from comments. That's how I found people. I found Jammie from her comments on Jay's blog and I found Naomi from her comments on Jammie's blog and Scarlet found me from my comments on Naomi's blog. I think I found Jazz from her comments on Ian's blog and Ticknart from his comments on Jazz's blog (same with Big Brother). I can't remember how I found Ian or Ian found me. Same with some of my other peeps. I just forgot how it "went down." Sorry, I'm listening to an R&B station. (I didn't link these people because they are right there in my sidebar you lazy weasels.)
~
Does anyone else have a bunch of memory sticks like this?:

My Sweetie keeps bringing them home from work and they are all laying around and I want to do something with them. Usually when new stuff comes out, someone invents a container for them but I googled it and so far there doesn't seem to be any sort of container/organizer for these guys. Maybe I should just put them in a pretty glass dish?
~
After round one of my rock tumbling, my beach rocks look like this:

I think they look very nice but they are wet, and rocks are always prettier when they are wet. I had just rinsed them for round two. I already have a different set of rocks I want to do next, but I will have to wait out the process. Besides, my tumbler came with only one set of grits and polishes so I hope to get more at the local hobby store. I'm sure most of you are wondering what's with the rocks, but I love rocks. Rocks are the very core, so to speak, of our planet. And I really love our planet. I'm a huge astronomy buff and the more you know about other planets, the more you love Earth. Earth rocks. And I mean that both ways.

18 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Yes, that's how I find other bloggers. If I like their comments, I follow their links. :)

I forget how I found Naomi, exactly, but it was something about plants, because I'm a plant dork. I love her plants.

Your rocks are very cool.

Oh! The flash drive holders. I found one at Walmart. It's a little black zipper thing in the computer aisle. It holds six of them in with little elastic pieces. I can't find it on their website though. Tony liked mine so much, he went and bought one for himself.

Jammie J. said...

Here's some on Amazon:

Link

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~Hee hee, We were reading each others' blogs at the same time. I just came from yours! As for the pouch thingy, where do you put that?

VioletSky said...

And I am really stupid, but what are those things used for anyway??

And yep, it's the comments that drew me to most of the blogs I read. (Which makes me wonder about this comment)

Jazz said...

I'll never ask what's with the rocks because I totally get that. I'm forever ending up with pockets full of rocks; I don't even realize that I'm picking them up.

As for being a popular blogger. I was never popular in high school, so I really don't see the point of being popular as a blogger. Seems to me it'd be really tiring to actually have to work at it. I mean, really, who cares?

Scarlet said...

Like I found you at Naomi's, I find other bloggers through Comments. On occasion I'll browse blogs on Blogger, but rarely. I find a lot of foreign languages I can't read or speak when I do that and I'd rather find bloggers I have something in common with. We both obviously love Naomi's stories and photos. She's awesome.

I love your rocks, btw. Amazing what a tumbler can do. I had no idea what it was until you described it in your last week's Comments.

Ian Lidster said...

This set me to thinking: did I find you or did you find me? If so, via what route. Truly an interestng point. Most of mine I think I have found when I have read a comment on somebody else's blog and think, I like what this person has to say. Consequently, there is probably a sort of intellectual, philosophical and attitudinal sharedness we all have in our blogrolls. The other question is, when does a blog contact cease working for you? If I look at very old blogs I'll see: "Oh yeah, him/her. I'd forgotten about that person."

Your point about pictures, I always endeavor to illustrate. Old newspaper rule: If you can find appropriate art, use it. It draws the eye to the article.

Mr. Jazz said...

The Amerian Indians (in Quebec at least) call rocks "granfathers". They are the oldest entities on earth and are therefore believed to serve as the earth's memory (nothing to do with these USB sticks). It is also believed that due to the energy the exude, they have various healing powers. Whatever works for you...

I met/found you one froggy evening in a German place in Texas. And it's been uphill since ;-)

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~The rocks or the memory sticks?

Jazz,
~~You would love my special black rock. It's very shiny and seems way lighter (weightwise) than it should be. I don't know what it is but I really like it.

Scarlet,
~~I once went to that feature that you can click on the blue things in your profile and find other people that have the same interests and everybody seemed like that one book, group, movie or whatever was certainly the ONLY thing we had in common.

Ian,
~~Ive done that - look up an old post of mine and saw a comment and was all, "Oh yeah! That guy! Whatever happened to that guy?" Some people just quit like the old gardening man in Houston I used to read. I wonder how you and I "met." I guess because it's been so long I just forgot.

Mr. Jazz,
~~I guess if rocks make me happy, that's healing power enough, eh? And yes, we actually met in person before you ever read my blog I think. I really had a good time that night.

VioletSky said...

...I was referring to the 'flash drive' that was referred to also by jammie j. see, I shouldn't comment before I've had a good sleep...

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love the way the rocks look---And will be fascinated to see what the next step brings!

It's funny about blogging; I write about what I want and I LOVE Pictures so part of the fun for me is using pictures to illustrate what I am writing about. Of course it is always a plus If I HAVE pictures that go with whatever...but if I don't, I try to find things on The Net. But that's me. And THAT is what makes Blogging so interesting and so much fun...We are all different and how we express ourselves, it seems to me, is very individual....! I LOVE THAT!

I don't have any of those Memory sticks, but wish I did---IF I truly understaood how to use them...lol!

Oh, and I'm going off to visit Jammie J, right after I leave you!

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~I use them to move files from computer to computer, but some people use them as back-up. They are simple and plug right in to any USB port.

Naomi,
~~Yes, you always have lots of pictures! And that's a good point about how everyone expresses themself in unique ways. Good observation.

Anonymous said...

Has it been a month already with the rocks? I like rocks too -- they rock. And you are obviously much younger than me, because I loved Bewitched with a passion no pre-pubescent should experience. I have the whole series on DVD. It's the best show ever. EVER. I actually cried a few years ago when Elizabeth Montgomery died.

geewits said...

Xup,
~~"Bewitched" comes on very late here and I record it a lot. I cried too. It is a great show. I used to get in a lot of trouble because I was supposed to have the kitchen cleaned when my parents came home for lunch in the summers, but "Bewitched" came on at 11:30, so I just ran in there during the commercials and usually did not finish.

The rocks are done in rounds and that pic was taken after just the first week. They are in there churning away right now.

Jocelyn said...

No to the memory sticks; yes to how I found other bloggers. I found you through Jazz (after you guys met in person!). Now I enjoy the romps through your brain.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~Now I enjoy the romps through your brain.

I like that. Also I think it's funny that Jazz had to vouch for me. hee hee

Jammie J. said...

I store it like a book on my desk. It's better than having tiny flash drives flailing about like stray pennies!

Anonymous said...

Hi

[url=http://www.internetmosque.net ] The Lord Complete Audio English Quran in MP3 Translated by Pickthal [/url]


"How do Muslims view death?"

Like Jews and Christians, Muslims believe that the present life is only a trial preparation for the next realm of existence. Basic articles of faith include: the Day of Judgment, resurrection, Heaven and Hell. When a Muslim dies, he or she is washed, usually by a family member, wrapped in a clean white cloth, and buried with a simple prayer preferably the same day. Muslims consider this one of the final services they can do for their relatives, and an opportunity to remember their own brief existence here on earth. The Prophet (SAW) taught that three things can continue to help a person even after death; charity which he had given, knowledge which he had taught and prayers on their behalf by a righteous child.


For more details [url=http://www.internetmosque.net ]click her[/url]






|

All of us will die one day INCLUDING YOU.

so before you die you must find out where the HELL you are going too.

You must find out

who is our savior Jesus or ?

You may sleep tonight and never get up in the morning?

You may die today.

You may die within a week

You may die within a month

you may die within a year

you may die within the next ten years

one thing for sure

You will die

so find out how is our savior so that he may save you.

http://www.internetmosque.net/saviour/index.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/1.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/17.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/

http://www.internetmosque.net/quran/quraneng/index.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...n_Yahya/1_w.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...f-Estes/1_w.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...ilips/1-1_w.htm