Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lazy Rocks

I've been in a lazy phase for the last two days and thought maybe it was the weather. It's been mostly overcast. But I think what it really is is that I had too many out days last week. I went out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. That's a LOT of out days for me. If you are a normal person feel free to roll your eyes which you probably already did, but going out is very stressful to me except for Wednesday Meals on Wheels day, which for some reason is fine or maybe just habit after almost 9 years. I've actually gone for weeks at a time when the only time I left the house was to do MOW. Don't feel bad if you are making fun of me in your head because my own mother always says I'm "just being silly." Anyway, I think that's why I've been kind of veging out these last two days.
~
And it seems to be affecting my cat. I've noticed that Barney has been sleeping almost round the clock in the other computer chair for the last two days. I never thought that my energy levels would affect my cat. I'm thinking that on Thursday I'll spend a lot of time playing string games with him. That will get us both moving.
~
The Beach Rocks are DONE!
This picture does not do them justice, but they are beautiful and shiny and I will be sad when my daughter takes hers because most of them are hers. But that gives me serious incentive to collect as many as possible during my May beach trip.
~
I was in such a hurry to start my next batch, I only remembered at the last minute to take this picture:
You can't tell by that picture that these rocks have lots of shiny glinty parts, but I'm expecting them to polish up very nicely. And there are 5 agate pieces on the bottom that came with the rock kit. These rocks I found at Mom's house when I was clearing stuff out. I guess she was using them for potted plants.
~
When I started this new batch of rocks it seemed much quieter than the first rocks and at first I thought I had just gotten used to the noise, but then I realized that beach rocks are relatively flat and therefore clack against each other whereas these quartz rocks are rounder and roll around each other. Or maybe I've just gotten used to the noise. I'm no rock expert.
~
OH. MY. GOD. This just in: The radio station, my FAVORITE station, an R&B station which I mentioned in the last post is now a Latin music station. WTF? My radio in the garage that always stays on was playing Latin music today and I tuned it to another pop music station but I thought it was because it was an old analog radio and 107.5 had gotten weak for some reason. But my stereo in here is digital and I turned on 107.5 and whaaaa? So I googled it and it is now a Latin music station. It's like a bad episode of of Frasier! Damn. I finally found a station I loved and now it's gone. Why am I not too surprised?
~
Well at least I get to pick out my new camera later this afternoon. Then I think I'll take a week of IN DAYS.

11 comments:

VioletSky said...

Or WKRP!

I didn't roll my eyes, actually, I sighed in sympathy.

Your (and your daughter's) rocks came out lovely. What are you planning to do with them?

Jazz said...

They changed your station? How dare they?!?!?!

I like the rocks. They're all purty. Maybe I should send you the ones I picked up in CA over christmas...

ticknart said...

Excellent choice for the new rocks. They're gonna be spectacular.

Also, sad about the radio station. I remember when my favorite station turned to Top 40. It was horrible.

Anonymous said...

You mean they just switched the station without any prior warning? Aye caramba!! That spotted black stone in the front would make a gorgeous ring - unless it's a lot bigger than it looks in the photo...then it might get in the way of typing. And I was totally NOT making fun of you for wanting to stay home a lot. If I had a choice I would stay home almost all the time, too.

Scarlet said...

When they give you lemons, you make lemonade. When they give you Latin music, you click your ruby red heels y bailas, Chica! ;)

Jocelyn said...

Your rocks are gorgeous.



That sounds like a bad pick-up line.

Carole said...

Ack! They did the same thing with my favorite radio Jazz channel a couple of years ago, and it happened the same way. I listened to it all the time, turned it on one day and without any notice it had completely changed format...to Rap music.

Your beach rocks are fabulous! Totally worth the wait! I wonder what that next batch will look like?

geewits said...

Violetsky,
~~I just enjoy looking at them!

Jazz,
~~Yes, the postage for a box of rocks from Canada would probably only cost about $40. :)

Ticknart,
~~I think the listeners should get to vote on a change in format.

Xup,
~~The rock stuff came with a jewelry kit but we decided it was just slightly too large for a ring. And no, there was no warning at all.

Scarlet,
~~I didn't look up "bailas." Is it Spanish for "bail ass?"

Jocelyn,
~Heh heh. "Hey lady, nice rocks."

Carole,
~~I remember when the jazz station changed. There were always 4 or 5 jeers in the "Cheers and Jeers" in the newspaper for about a month.

Scarlet said...

Bail ass! Hahahaha

PS - bailar: to dance

Jammie J. said...

I can't believe you went out all those days in a row. What on earth for? I'd be exhausted, too. I mean, I go to work, but that's kind of like a second home, almost.

I hate when they change radio stations like that. It makes no sense.

Glad your rocks are done. They look purty! :)

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Well itmakes sense. I changed the station.

Jammie,
~~I'm so glad you get it. And thanks about the rocks. I love them.