Friday, February 20, 2009

Lazy Be Gone

My few days of the lazies went right out the window today. And as you can see, I broke in my new camera with a few pics of Barney. But instead of talking about all the stuff I did today, I should start with yesterday. And by yesterday I mean Wednesday because I am a night owl and this will officially show as a Friday post although it is Thursday night to me. This does get confusing sometimes.
~
I was actually running a little late on Wednesday morning. It's a running joke with myself that no matter what time I get up on Wednesday morning, when I get in my truck it is 11:03 (which is really 10:59. It's a clock thing). Wednesday morning when I cranked up "ol' trucky" the clock said 11:07. My first thought was, "This is no good. The whole day will be bad." And the highway was insane. I'm surprised I'm not dead. People were total loons. But I made it to the church and everything went smoothly after that.
~
Too smoothly. Halfway through my route I stopped and checked my list and counted my food because everything was going too fast (in my head). But no, it was all normal. When I stopped at the two beers bar, I only had one beer because I was actually hungry. I went to the other Chili's and by "other" I mean the one that does not steal cameras. I really love the bartender there. She has the same name and is the same age (or close to it) as my daughter and she's just really sweet. Every Wednesday I get a USA Today, and after I eat, I do the crossword puzzle in ink. (I count my writeovers.) Kate the bartender does them at night and on the days I go there I give her mine because she likes to "cheat off of it" as we say in the south. We have a running thing with the puzzle. I time myself and always loudly proclaim "Tah Dah!" when I am finished. In case you are confused because I mention so many other places that I eat lunch, quite often after eating lunch elsewhere, I will go there to do my puzzle.
~
Okay, I'm getting so off track. After lunch and puzzle time, I went to Best Buy to get a new camera. (Oh and way earlier My Sweetie had called and told me to also buy a printer. I think I mentioned in another post that after our computer died our printer was not compatible with the new computer or the Vista or whatever it was.) I cruised all around the camera section looking for my camera and their camera display was bizarrely organized, but I finally found my camera. Just about the time I finally found it a sales guy ran up to help me. I was wearing shades and chewing gum and for some reason started channeling the guy from "Saturday Night Live" that plays the a-hole.
~
He was all, "Are you finding everything okay?" and I said, "Yeah, this is the camera. Where are the memory cards?" Just as we get to the memory cards, I said, "And a printer. I'm gonna get a printer." This next part was funny. He asks what my printing needs are and I tell him I just need a basic printer. Then salesguy starts telling me about a fax/printer/scanner/copier on sale. We were walking this whole time and I just stopped and he almost smacked into me and I said, "Seriously, I just need something to print airline tickets and recipes off of the internet, and that's it." Maybe they get commision there but he was not happy with this and led me to a very basic HP printer. Which I bought.
~
When I got home, I called my daughter and she came over for her beach rocks. She was very generous and gave me more than my share. I then brought out my microscope and we looked at a lot of the rocks and they were FASCINATING! Some of them had what looked like veins of silver or gold. One of the black rocks was composed of lots of small circles which I think was ancient coral. My very favorite thing was several of the mostly "clear" rocks had black specks inside that I like to think is ancient carbon from The Big Bang. But I'm a romantic like that. (ha ha when I just proofread this I had typed "Bog Bang.")
~
Okay now I'm caught up with Thursday and my lazy going away. As soon as I started setting up the new printer, I got an idea:
The printer is so small I thought it would be a cool spacemaking idea to put that metal rack over it. But that metal rack had been in my kitchen cabinet. So I put this metal rack in the kitchen cabinet:

That rack had been in a bathroom cabinet (yes I cleaned it) and has an extra tier, so worked well with those dishes. And where I removed that rack from the bathroom cabinet I put a wooden box on its side as a shelf and got that stuff more organized. I also took all that Guitar Hero Band stuff out of the box that has been in the library for months and put it in a large plastic storage bin and put it in the random room. I still want to play those drums.
~
There's more stuff I did like taking two fans outside and compressed air blowing them. (Sorry, I didn't know exactly how to word that). And I also did my regular chores and a little redecorating. It's always funny to me after I've been a slug for a few days that I get a burst of energy like that. I also got a bunch of blog post ideas that I hope I don't forget. And now for a few sidenotes:
~
(Jazz, were you irritated that "Coach" orchestrated that vote?)
~
(Ian, I thought of you tonight when an anchor on "Sportscenter" called one of my team's players "Freshman Elliot Smith." Elliot Williams is the frosh. Nolan Smith is a sophomore.)
~
(Ticknart, do you watch "Voyager?")


So now that I got my energy back, I hope to get a lot more done around here. Or maybe I'll just get lazy again. And Barney says, "hi!"

9 comments:

Jazz said...

Damn, Barney is beautiful. He has such a strange gorgeaous face.

Oh and Coach? Everything about him irritates the hell out of me. The face licking? Ewww. The guy creeps me out.

Big Brother said...

Hmmmmm "Bog Bang"? Is that what happens when the methane explodes in the outhouse? ;o)

(cultural aside: a bog is a slang name for an outhouse up here, in French we call it a bécosse, a deformation of the word backhouse and yes I know that that is more than you wanted to know...;oP)

Anonymous said...

Barney is such an interesting-looking cat with his little 5 o’clock shadow and everything

VioletSky said...

Well, now I'm curious - what is your average time for doing that crossword?

Scarlet said...

Your kitty is adorable and has the most interesting expression. I love Barney! :)

I would never describe you as lazy. Seems like you're always busy...and up at all hours!

I know what it feels like to want the basics and having a salesperson try to sell you the works. I'm glad you didn't cave in and spend a fortune for something you don't need.

Carole said...

Hahaha! "Wearing shades and chewing gum and channeling the guy from "Saturday Night Live"...

I can see you doing that and it cracks me up!

I saw something funny awhile back about being at a restaurant and ordering a "diet" water. hee hee
So I'm waiting until next time the kids are home and we all go out to eat, then with a straight face, when the server asks for my drink order, I'm going to say "I'll take a diet water". Haha! And see if the kids have any reaction. They'll probably just think I've lost my mind.

Anyway, your post make me think about that. I'll let you know what happens when I finally get the chance to do it.

And Barney is very cute!

Carole said...

oops..."made" me think about that, not "make" me think about that. doh!

Jammie J. said...

Ohhh! I do that. When I'm on my way to work and I catch every single light green and there's no pedestrians on the corner of Slow Walker Ave. and Wheelchair St., I start thinking to myself, "What did I forget?" Hehe

I love that picture of Barney. But then you knew I would. :)

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~He doesn't irritate me as much as he does you - coach I mean, not Barney, but it did bother me that he got that vote.

Big Brother,
~~Bog bang = Ewwwwww!

Xup,
~~We loved the 5 o'clock shadow ref. We teased Barney about it.

VioletSky,
~~My personal best is 15 minutes, and a hard one takes just over an hour. I guess my average is 30 to 45 minutes.

Oh Scarlet,
~~I could win an award for being lazy. I do everything in spurts I guess. Lazy spurts and busy spurts. And I don't count the regular day to day stuff like cleaning the kitchen, laundry and cooking as doing anything. That's just regular stuff like brushing your teeth.

Carole,
~~Heh heh. Diet water.

Jammie,
~~Isn't it odd that instead of thinking "Wow! I'm making good time today!" we think, "Hmm, what did I forget?"

I think it's the best Barney pic yet.