Monday, February 16, 2009

Crazy Week

Andrew Jackson Hotel

What a strange week it's been. Lots of highs and lows. Worse than having my camera stolen was my team losing two very important games. We've been in the top 10 all season and were even #1 for one week, but we will not be in the top 10 next week. My very favorite show - "Survivor" started a new season Thursday and that was a big high but the best part, even better than getting money to replace my camera, which I did, Yay!, was this: My Sweetie gave me the go ahead to make my reservations for Lo's and my Halloween New Orleans trip. We're going to stay at the Andrew Jackson Hotel this time. I like to stay at a different place every time I go to New Orleans and this one looked good. It's on Royal which is a great location and after I looked at it on Google Earth I saw that it is only a block from the little grocery store where I buy my beer. Bonus! I found this Dorothy costume on the internet:

And it's only $35.99. What a deal! If I want to buy the shoes they are only $32.00. I was going to buy dyeable shoes, have them dyed red, and make my own, but for only $32 I think I should try these out first. Of course being a costume place, maybe stuff is not returnable. I could always buy them a little large and stuff them with Dr. Scholl's gel things if they are not very comfy.

~

Back to the camera, the manager was very nice and when I took my paperwork in on the cost to replace the camera and memory card, he just gave me cash right then. I had all sorts of stuff rehearsed that I was going to say, and was in a foul mood because my team had just lost, but he was all "Okay!" And that was that. I have to say that being a blogger makes life a lot easier when you lose things. Because I'm a blogger, I download pics all the time so every single pic that was on that camera is on my computer. Also last year when our computer crashed and all my downloaded pics were lost, all of my blog pics were still there as well as the ones I had downloaded on flickr. Who knew that blogging would have these extra benefits?

~

On Valentine's Day we were going to see Taken at 4:45 and then run by the grocery store and come home to catch up on our DVR'ed shows and watch Saturday Night Live. I planned to make my deluxe chicken nachos because we knew restaurants would be insane. Little did we know that the whole day was insane. We pulled into the Movie Tavern parking lot a little before 4:30 and the lot was so full, My Sweetie dropped me off to buy tickets and there was a long line for tickets. When we were still about 6 feet from the ticket window we heard "Front row only for Taken!" I walked up and asked if I had heard correctly, and yes I had so we left and drove around the building to a fun looking bar that we had never really noticed called "Boomer Jack's." We hung out here for a few beers and hit the store and headed home.

~

I keep the radio on in the garage 24/7 and as I was sitting out there having a smoke I called the radio station that I listen to and asked if they had been playing Outkast's "Happy Valentine's Day" song. Well the DJ was all crazy friendly and asking what I was doing for Valentine's and I told him I was making deluxe chicken nachos for my husband. He kept asking me questions which was weird and then I realized he was going to play it on the air. Sure enough about 40 minutes later I was out there smoking and an edited version of the conversation came on the air with my hinky sounding voice. It was pretty funny. At least my laugh sounded okay.

~

Since the DJ kept asking what made my nachos "deluxe" I will show you. I made a slide show:


Visit www.moblyng.com to make your own!

14 comments:

Jazz said...

Mmmmm those nachos look yum! and you'll make such a purty Dorothy.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hope you enjoy New Orleans. It's a place I have always wanted to visit. For now, I await your post on your trip and enjoy it through your experiences.

VioletSky said...

I was all confused because I didn't read all the words ... not Mardi Gras, but Halloween?!

Glad you got the money right away with no hassle for the camera. Now, buy a geeky strap and keep it around your neck.

Ian Lidster said...

I'm loving the Andrew Jackson Hotel. Looks exactly like a NO hotel should look. Have a wonderful trip and I think you should get the Dorothy outfit.

Mr. Jazz said...

Glad you got the $$ for your camera. Did you get a new one already? Those nachos look freakin' delicioso and my mouth is still watering as I can see the slideshow while writing this. I'm with Ian on the Jackson: it's the classic postcard from N'Orleenz.

Jammie J. said...

On Valentine's, my Sweetie and I went to Walmart to buy vitamins which I was out of. On the way home, we drove past our local theater and we were both shocked that the parking lot was so full. The only parking available was out near the street and even THAT was iffy. It was unreal. Even parking at Sea World was crazy. Sheez! I was glad we had planned to stay in.

I'm glad you got $$ for your camera. What do you plan to get next for a camera?

Jammie J. said...

Stay in for dinner, I mean. On the flip side, if you ever need to go to Walmart, Valentine's Day is a good day to do it, it was fairly empty. Can't imagine why. :)

Anonymous said...

The hotel looks lovely and fun and the nachos look even better (except for the chicken part, of course)

Anonymous said...

you are pretty darn good at those slide presentations. yummy.

http://momofboxer.blogspot.com/2009/02/survived.html

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That amazing that all they had left was The Front---though I must say, in the old days when I was young---I LOVED to sit in the front....!

I love your slide show of Those Special Chicken Nachos!

Scarlet said...

It's only 8:10 a.m. but those nachos look FANTASTIC! I'd eat them with my café con leche if I could.

The Andrew Jackson Hotel looks like a quaint and fun place to stay. I'm so excited for you!!

I like the Dorothy costume. Maybe I should buy me a pair of ruby red shoes to spice up my life a little. ;)

Carole said...

I can't wait to see you in your costume! You will make the perfect Dorothy. Also, the hotel is so picturesque. I hope to see more pics of the area after your trip.

I see why your chicken nachos are deluxe! Man those look yummy!

I wish I would have heard you over the radio. That would have been such a funny surprise.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~You are too kind. At the very best, I'll make a humorous Dorothy.

LGS,
~~It's a really great place. I hope you make it there some day.

VioletSky,
~~After doing the Times Square New Year's Eve thing I have no desire whatsoever to do Mardi Gras. Besides, I'm not even Catholic. Halloween there is awesome. I've done it before.

Ian,
~~I'm definitely getting the outfit. It sounds like you've been to N.O.

Mr. Jazz,
~~I'm getting my new camera tomorrow (Wednesday) after MOW. Yay!

Jammie,
~~I'm going to get a camera just like it, except it's an upgraded version according to the numbers. I really loved it. And yeah when we went to the grocery store there weren't many people there except a few laggard guys with bouquets.

Xup,
~~Well they'd hardly be deluxe chicken nachos without the chicken.

Raino,
~~The slide things are easy.

Naomi,
~~I don't think I could stand sitting in the front row. Besides, I have to sit near the exit.

Scarlet,
~~That can be my request. I'll send a pic and you sketch me in the Dorothy outfit!

Carole,
~~I sounded so dorky on the radio!

Scarlet said...

Send me the pic and I'll do it. :)