Thursday, October 02, 2008

Covering Almost All of the Bullet Points


Wednesday at 3:00 I had the follow up appointment with the urologist. He said my uneven kidneys were normal and that the x-rays showed no clue to my problem, he wants to do other tests because I think he finds me fascinating. Not ME, I mean my problem. It's very odd and unusual and he is very intrigued. I told him I'd get back with him on that. This talk we had was at 4:30. You may have noticed I mentioned that the appointment was at 3:00. I was there at 3:00 and the little waiting room was full and at 3:20 I tapped on the glass and said, "Is he running behind again? I should have called before I came." She sadly nodded in assent and told me there were three people in front of me. I said, "Okay, how about I come back at 4:00, because just sitting here? That's not working for me." She said okay and the people in the waiting room looked at me like I was from another planet. I ran over to On The Border and had two Dos Equiis. As I was leaving to go back to the doctor's office, I saw the classic blogged about couple. There they were, on a lovely day, sitting on the outdoor deck and both of them were on the phone. I wanted to snap a picture right there, but I figured they might freak out and I imagined I had reached my quota for that for the day, so I got in my truck and took that picture through my dirty windshield.
~
Late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning, however you see it, about an hour after I posted, the computer died. At first I thought it had just frozen but when I restarted, I got a big funky dark page of gobbledygook. So I went to bed. Sometime Sunday morning, My Sweetie woke me up and asked when the computer had died. Since I'm not really a clock watcher, I said, "About an hour after I posted." He hooked up Mom's computer so he could get on the internet, so we weren't totally stranded, but that was a temporary fix. He went out and bought this Concorde Jet of a computer. I moved Mom's computer over to where my deadish Mac had been and set up a picture download/Photoshop station over there. I'm using a memory stick to bring my photos over here. It's pretty simple.
~
Unfortunately, every picture I have taken on my digital camera was on the dead computer (the internet one, not the Mac). I had found someone that could get them for me, but then my friend Carole told me they had done this before. So they have my old hard drive and are running a program over there that is chugging along very slowly. I'll be happy for anything I can get. I do have every picture that I have downloaded here on my blog and a few sets in Flickr, so all will not be lost.
~
Today (Friday) I am going to the house to meet the carpet cleaners and on Monday I have a maid service to clean the bathrooms and kitchen and mop the tile floors. Then. I. Will. Be. Done. I will be so happy!!!! Yay!! I still have the Christmas stuff yard sale with my MIL on November 15th, but that's just extra money. Happy dance, happy dance.
~
On Tuesdays, My Sweetie has his long day. After work he goes straight to school for a chemistry class and then a chemistry lab. I had to go to the house to meet the Salvation Army pick-up people at about 9:00 Tuesday morning and then spent the rest of the morning moving things for the carpet cleaners and packing my truck. I then tried Cheddar's for a late lunch because it's the only American Bistro type place left around here since Bennigan's, Fridays, and Ruby Tuesdays closed. I hadn't been there in 26 years so I wanted to check it out. Then I did some shopping and errands and stopped by Papa G's to drink some beer, unwind, and play some trivia.
~
There was a bald guy on my left and we struck up a conversation. A blondish lady came in and sat on his left and I thought they were together, so I stopped talking and started concentrating on my game. He went to the bathroom and she leaned over and in a conspirational voice, whispered, "Sorry, if I cut in on your thing, I'll back off." I was all, "Huh?" I told her I was happily married and I didn't know this guy and was just making bar chit chat. He came back and they continued to talk and I just happened to hear her say she was a Playboy playmate. So I said, "Really, how cool! What year?" She said she was Miss September 1980 AND that she had been married to one of our big local oil money politicians. When she said 1980 I said, "We must be about the same age." and she said, "Oh, no, what are you, in your late 30's?" Ha ha. She was just 2 years older than me. I looked at her foldout online and the only resemblance I could see at all was the eye color. They are an interesting shade of green, so I figured that really was her. I have a picture of myself at 21 and I think I am much more recognizable.
~
We won't be going to San Diego after three years in a row because they are having the golf tournament in Orlando this year. I hope we can still go though because I have a friend there that I would love to see. I'm going to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. Mom's birthday is November 20 and she will be 70 and I consider that a milestone and wanted to celebrate with her, so I will be there 5 days later. Although I grew up in N.C., I've never seen the beach in November, so I am really looking forward to it. Also, I decided to stay in that tiny cabin in their campground this time. I just think it will be fun. I sleep later than my parents and don't want to be underfoot when they get up. It's basically a little teeny house with bunkbeds and a TV. All I need is a radio and an ice chest full of beer. It's just for sleeping anyway.
~
So much for the weather getting better. We keep getting fooled. 84° one day then 89° then back to 91°. This afternoon when I will be loading my truck it will be 91°. Yuck. The extended forecast calls for 82° on Wednesday and that would be great because that's when we are going to the State Fair! woot woot!
~
I told My Sweetie that for Christmas we should just get ourselves tickets to see Carol Burnett on January 12th at Bass Hall. I'm very excited about being in the same room with the wonderful funny lady I grew up with. I can't wait to see her in person. I love Bass Hall and I love Carol Burnett. I'm sure I'll have lots to say in January about that experience.
~
I guess the last thing is the mural in the bedroon, but that's going to involve a lot of pictures that I have not gotten around to sizing. At least I have them because they were all still on the camera. I'll get to that one later. I really like it, though. So with that, I'll just say TGIF!

12 comments:

Big Brother said...

Geewits, for your pictures thre is only one owrd...backup. I always have at least 2 backups of all my photos. They're just to precious to lose and impossible to replace. Big hard disks are really cheap now so it's worth the price.
I hope they can retrieve the photos from your defunct computer.

Scarlet said...

First of all, I adore Carol Burnett. Her name alone brightens my mood, and her show was the best variety show on TV. I love the way the cast got along...to this day, they only have wonderful things to say about each other. PLEASE absorb every moment of that experience so we can feel like we were in the same room with you.

Btw, you could not have gotten a better photo of that couple on their "lunch date." Classic. ;)

Oh, and I love that you'll be in a cabin in NC with an ice chest full of BEER. LOL It's so you. :)

geewits said...

BB,
~~We had bought a cd burner and discs and just never got around to it. I have learned a lesson.

Scarlet,
~~We got our tickets for Carol in the mail today. Yay! I'm looking forward to my little cabin adventure. And that couple? That really cracked me up.

Jammie J. said...

I love your blogged about couple and can relate. Sometimes Tony'll get a call and I don't want to be the sad lonely bystander, so I'll get on my cell phone just to look as popular as he is. Heh. :)

Sucks about your computer. :(

I hope you still get to go to San Diego, that'd be fun. :)

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~You're one of those couples?!? No San Diego. It's in Orlando this year.

Anonymous said...

I'm still back on that you thought 20 minutes of waiting was too long! I'd be dancing a dance of joy if I got to see my doctor within an hour of the appointment time. They're time is so much more valuable than ours, you know.

Cycling Goddess said...

Great photo lol

As for your computer, I also have one word... BACKUP :) I learned that the hard way too. I now have a cutsy little black box that has a backup of all my files, I do it on a monthly basis, more if I add a lot of stuff.

Good for you on leaving while waiting for the doctor. I'd probably be fretting just in case it went faster than expected and I'd come back only to see my appointment gone because I wasn't there... cause I'm anal like that... lol

Jammie J. said...

Yep, sometimes... but my call is fake. I'm just holding my cell phone to my ear to make a point. :P

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood about San Diego. I didn't get that it wasn't in the plans at all... (sigh) I took the "I hope we can still go" part to mean that you meant you still wanted to go to San Diego, now re-reading it, I see you meant the conference...

The weather has gone crazy. I don't know what's wrong with it. It was so hot last week, and is forecast to be hot again this week, but it was raining here over the weekend. What the...

geewits said...

Xup,
~~There's a consumer advocate columnist in our paper and he's the one that told about calling ahead to see how the doctor is running. I usually do, but forgot that day. They are usually pretty mellow about it. I call and say, "How's the doctor running?" If they say "On time." I say "Great!" If they say "About an hour behind" I ask if I can come in at a certain time. I've never had a problem with it.

Urban,
~~You can give your cell# in case he starts running ahead. I once told one place to call me on my cell, that I'd be in the parking lot. I have a hard time sitting in waiting rooms. It's an anxiety thing and puts me in fight or flight mode.

Jammie,
~~You are being punished by the weather for making your husband sweat so much. I'd rather go without food than have to turn my AC above 73°. I make up for it in the winter because then I keep it at 67°. I wish it was 67° ALL the time.

Jazz said...

Wow. 84 degrees.

It was like 35 here this morning.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Nice!

VioletSky said...

Yep, have just learned the hard way BACKUP is IMPORTANT. It took the computer vet several days to get mine up and running again and the recovery process was SLOW. But I got my photos that I had just finished uploading when everything went dead.