Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Notes from my brain

I stopped at the grocery store this afternoon and pulled in next to a car that had some big high school thing in the backseat showing the name of the school and a girl's full name. On the front passenger seat was a bookbag and a purse. I waited for a little bit because I wanted to warn the people that this was not a good idea, but no one ever came. I figured maybe it was an employee and went in to look for her. I found her rather quickly because she had an unusual name. I'll call her "September Fallacci." So I walked in and scanned the tags and there was September. I walked up and said, "I don't want to freak you out but I parked next to your car and saw way too much information about you: your name, your school, and even your purse is in the front seat. I'm a mom with a daughter and you need to go out and put all of that stuff in the trunk." She seemed sort of naive and said, "It's just a book bag." I explained to her again and then went about my shopping. When I finished and went back to my truck, all her stuff was still there in full view. I called my mom for a quick food question and told her about the girl and Mom said, "Geewits, you can't save the world." I said, "Yeah, but maybe I can help people one at a time." When I got home I called the store manager and told him my concern and he said he would send her out to her car to move her things. Maybe all I did was make a lot of people roll their eyes, but I wouldn't want my daughter to be parked somewhere with so much information in full view.

I feed Barney a can of this every day. Today I was really looking at it and thought: This looks more like real food than several things I actually eat! Those things are Vienna Sausages, Slim Jims, bologna, and hot dogs.

This morning I was wishing I wouldn't have the one lady today that's so out of the way. When I got to the church there was a cancellation note for her. There was also new person on my route that was very close to that lady. I thought that was weird.

I realized when I was halfway to the church that I had forgotten my camera. I felt odd and uncomfortable for a while as if I left the house without my wedding rings or something. I bet I don't forget my camera again for a while.

I was supposed to meet Amy the realtor at the house today but it was raining and she wanted to take pictures of the house. I'm also waiting for the sun to come back out to get pictures of my new coffee table. That thing was three days of work. For some reason it doesn't photograph well with the flash.

If you want to see something really funny, check out this page. You can move your mouse around and click to get different actions. I thought it was hilarious. Have a good time.

15 comments:

VioletSky said...

That was fun - I love that "parody websites" are up and "moose" and "joy" are down. At least she doesn't answer that red phone!!

You went to a lot of trouble for that silly September girl - her mama should thank you, if she doesn't.

Jazz said...

You can't save the world, and unfortunately the morons refuse to see how stupid they are being. Having all that stuff on the seat of her car is at the very least an invitation to get it broken into... Idjit girl.

As for the link. I loved it!

Scarlet said...

Well, you tried helping the girl and that's all you can do sometimes. You did more than a lot of folks would've done.

Btw, that Sarah Palin site is fantastic! I'm sending my friends over there right now. :)

Ian Lidster said...

And we wonder why there is identity theft. Duh. Your good deed earns you points, however, in both my book and the BIG celestial one.

Carole said...

Geewits, when I was in elementary school we always put our books and purses on the shelf right outside the bathroom stalls. They were always right there when we got out. So when I started going to Jr. High School I did the very same thing that I had always done before; and my purse got stolen the very first week of school! I never left my purse on the shelf outside the stall again, and sure wish someone would have told me beforehand. I haven't thought of that in years. Anyway, it sucks to learn the hard way, and hopefully you saved that girl from the "school of hard knocks" or much worse. I can only imagine what her myspace page looks like! I can't imagine growing up in this world today.

It sounds like you experienced the phenomenon of "Even Steven" yesterday with your MOW route. haha

Anonymous said...

You go right on trying to save the world. Who knows, you might have saved this girl from something terrible down the road and she’ll never know.

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~Moose and Joy?

Jazz,
~~I just wonder how someone in this day and age could be so naive. My Seetie sent me that link. I went back after I posted this and found new things.

Scarlet,
~~Well it takes a village to raise a child. You'd be surprised at all the things I do. A few weeks ago a little girl was just leaving a stall in a restaurant bathroom and about to go out and I stopped her and made her wash her hands. She was only 6 or so. I helped her with everything.

Ian,
~~Well thanks.

Carole,
~~At least you learned the purse/trust thing at a very young age: no driver's license or credit cards to replace. I imagine you lost some cash, pens, photos and gum.

Xup,
~~That's a nice thought. The trickle in the pond theory?

Real Live Lesbian said...

You're right to warn her...but she's young and thinks nothing can happen. But me, I'm old. And I can see a thousand bad things that can come from someone knowing too much info about a young girl. Scary.

kimber said...

You need a t-shirt that reads:

Saving the World,
one idiot at a time.

geewits said...

Real Live,
~~And here I was thinking that we were raising kids with a sense of paranoia these days. I guess not.

Kimber,
~~Thanks! It's always good to start my day with a hearty chuckle.

Cycling Goddess said...

You did well, don't feel you did the wrong thing or did too much.

You should see what I feed my cat... she's into seafood so the canned food I give her has more good stuff I feed myself! lol She's one spoiled cat...

geewits said...

Urban,
~~Let's just hope she'll be more careful in future. Cat food has certainly come a long way since I was a kid!

VioletSky said...

Sorry, I missed your response to my comment...I was referring to the computer screen with the scrolling stcok reports

geewits said...

V,
~~I didn't even see that the first time I went there!

Jammie J. said...

i heard or read a story one time about how some guy read some person's address from their mail which had been left on their front seat, address visible, went to the person's house and robbed them, all while the person was at the grocery store. obviously, the person wasn't home... so even though my mail has a po box listed, i still cover or flip that information over. no need to have someone in the parking lot yell "Hey Jammie!" ...