Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Being Goofy

Throughout the summer Chili's was sponsoring a thing with St. Jude's Children Hospital. You could get a "create-a-pepper" pic and color it and then donate money and they would hang it on the wall. I did one in July at the Chili's near my MOW route and put a lot of effort into it. I tried to do a lot of shading and colors using my 3 crayons to make a realistic pepper. The next time I went I walked around to try to find it and I found a dozen that I thought were mine but weren't. So in late September I went to the new Chili's near my house and decided to do something different and I made a Snoopy Pepper.
And here it is on the wall. Both of the Chili's that I frequent had lots and lots of these pepper pics all over their walls and I hope St. Jude's got a ton of money. It's fun to get to color in public without getting the side-eye.
~
I've been exhausted from this coffee table I am refinishing. I hope it will be done tomorrow. I will have pictures.

10 comments:

VioletSky said...

Very creative! I love to see how many different pictures can be created from a simple drawing.

Jazz said...

Cool pepper! can't wait to see the table.

Scarlet said...

You make me want to join you at Chili's for pepper drawing and beer. I love your Snoopy idea, btw. Ingenious!

Carole said...

Oh my gosh! That's the most clever pepper of all! hahaha You have such unusual vision. I'll look for it next time we go to Chili's.

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~Yes, it was fun to walk around and see all the different versions. I got my idea from someone that had turned their pepper into an alligator head.

Jazz,
~~Just one more coat on the top and drying time and FINALLY it will be over.

Scarlet,
~~That would be fun, but you'd have to pin your hair back! :)

Carole,
~~They may be down by now. I think I caught the end of it. We should have done some when we were there for lunch that day.

Scarlet said...

LOL - Hey, I showed BOTH my eyes in the necklace picture. You have to give me a little credit for that! :)

Adele said...

very cool.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Good grief, Chili Brown!

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Yes that's true, but...

Hagelrat,
~~Thanks!

JR,
~~Hi stranger! "Chili Brown." hee hee.

Jammie J. said...

I read this and meant to tell you that I love your chili snoopy. that's awesome. :)