Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ha Ha! Isn't Weather Funny?

(A San Diego Bay pic that may have been stolen from some stranger's blog.)


One would THINK that when one travels to San Diego in January, that one is going to be getting a weather UPGRADE. Ha Ha! But weather, it can be so funny. Let's look at the current predictions. San Diego on Saturday: 58 degrees and rain, Texas on Saturday: 71 degrees and mostly cloudy. San Diego on Sunday: 55 degrees and showers, Texas on Sunday: 74 degrees and mostly cloudy. (hee hee, when I read back over what I had just written, I had typed "Sand" Diego TWICE! Sand Diego! How goofy is that? Maybe that will be its future secular name.) But getting back to the weather, as you all know, I am a half glass full type of person and I am really looking forward to the raining. It is dry as a BONE here and my knuckles are like fine grit sand paper. I have both humidifiers running at full blast and it's still at 30% humidity! My throat and my skin will be so happy to be in a rainy place. I should be in Vancouver! San Diego will have to do for now.
~
Cool San Diego newses: On Saturday I will be meeting Jammie J (Jeanette) and her husband. I have been reading her blog for almost 3 years I think. I discovered her on "Jay's Party" which still exists but he quit blogging in July 2005. It was the first blog that I became addicted to. Through Jeanette's blog and her photography, I have journeyed through Europe, visiting Italy and Ireland. I've visited a farm, a blogger gathering right here in Houston, TX, seen a concert at the Hollywood Bowl and even been to Legoland. You guys should check out her blog. It's private, but you just have to get a password and I'm sure she knows you all well enough from my blog. Jeanette's about 6 feet tall and her husband is even taller so we will feel like munchkins! I'm pretty excited about meeting her.
~
The second cool thing is my daughter came by on Sunday to give us our Christmas present and it was a $100 gift card for Dave & Buster's! I checked the internet and there is one in San Diego just 6 miles from our hotel. This way My Sweetie can party at D&B with me and not have to drive home. And it will be free! Free is good. So now I just have to find a cool sports bar to watch the Duke game at 2:30 on Sunday. Then we can go somewhere nice for dinner and then finish up at D&B. And this whole time I was saying we had no plans for San Diego. I don't care if it rains the whole time. I think I'm going to have fun.

14 comments:

Jazz said...

San Diego... so long as there's no snow I'd be happy.

You asked for cottage in the snow pics? I'm posting them today, hopeully, just for you.

Big Brother said...

Geewits, right now it's -25 degrees celsius here(-13 degres F)but at least the sun is shining. Too cold for even me to go cross country skiing. ;o)San Diego seems positively balmy.

Ian Lidster said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time in one of my favorite places.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Snow is beautiful in pictures, especially yours, but I'd rather have rain and 50 degrees, too!

Big Brother,
~~Brrrrrrrr!

Ian,
~~Texas? I won't be in SD until Saturday afternoon.

ticknart said...

At least there aren't going to be high winds. Here, we're expecting gusts up to 65 MPH all day tomorrow.

geewits said...

Ticknart,
~~65mph? That sounds like something you hide from.

Jo said...

"(A San Diego Bay pic that may have been stolen from some stranger's blog.)"

Geewits, you crack me up. :-)

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN no matter what the weather does.

Keep us posted!

Jammie J. said...

Hmmm, well, you know, January is the wettest and coldest month in San Diego. :) At least according to the weather service.

Interestingly, there are flash flood warnings in place, too, for the weekend, thanks to all the fires. Although that shouldn't affect downtown San Diego.

Good grief, woman, you make me sound interesting. Hehe, everything from a U.S. farm to Italy/Ireland. Nothing like extremes, I guess.

You know what's funny, is Tony suggested we all meet at Dave & Busters down there. I sloughed him off because I didn't think you'd it. Pfft, shows what I know, eh?

Still not sure what we should do, where we should meet. I'm sure it'll all work out, though. It'll be fun. :)

Jammie J. said...

Edit:
... because I didn't think you'd like it. D&B can be noisy sometimes.

geewits said...

Josie,
~~Thanks to my camera, I can keep a record of everything for posting when I get back. And I'm pretty sure I'll have fun.

Jammie,
~~You ARE interesting. I love D&B. There are two in Dallas and I've been going for 25 years. I like anyplace where I can walk around and drink beer. I don't like it TOO crowded though, that's why I wanted to go there Sunday night instead of Saturday night. I thought you guys might like to meet at our hotel. It's got all sorts of places to hang out. My Sweetie got to San Diego today at 3:30 and said it was partly cloudy and pleasant. We could always meet someplace on 5th Avenue in the Gaslamp District. That will be easy for us (We're not getting a car).

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm afraid "RAIN" is here, my dear Geewits....And is supposed to continue through Monday---IF they are correct!

I met Jammie J. and her dear hudband, and it was delightful! I kmow you all will have a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL time!

Dave said...

well... 10 degrees here...

I think I will head over to yuor neck of the woods!! ;-)

Take care!

Jammie J. said...

Your hotel sounds like a good enough plan to me.
I woke up with a cold this morning, just FYI.

I really don't want to cancel, but would understand if you want to. Or we can still meet and just not get touchy-feely-huggy. I promise not to breathe on you... I mean, now that I think about it, you ARE gonna be in isolation in a metal tube with hundreds of other people, chances of getting sick from them are higher than from me, right?

geewits said...

Dave,
~~Come one over!

J,
~~"I ain't afraid of no cold!" (sing to the ghostbusters theme). See you in about 17 hours!