Saturday, January 05, 2008

San Diego, Here I Come!

It's 2:55 a.m. here. What happened was, I invited my daughter and her friends to stop by for "Happy Hour" because they work until 11:00. So I figured they would be gone by 12:30 or 1:00, but I guess I am very entertaining because they left at 2:30. I don't have too much left to do tonight so I should be okay. I can't believe we went through 7 bottles of tonic water! The little ones, not the big ones, thank goodness.

I'm not a remote blogger and don't even own a laptop, so I'll be incommunicado until I get back, but I have a request. I made up a goofy song for the new year, but it is not finished, so please submit any fun or interesting words that rhyme with "eight." I want to add new verses to my New Year Song. Submit as many as you please over the next few days. I've already used "great," "late," and "wait," but I need more and bigger fun ones. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Jo said...

Spate

Mate

Gate

Bathinswaite

Plate

Scarlet said...

Straight

obliviate

Kuwait

Anticipate

Cooperate

Jazz said...

Ovulate

Participate

Marinate

Discombobulate

ticknart said...

Jail bait!

Tai said...

Berate

Infiltrate

Disintergrate

Obfuscate

And that's all I got!

Jocelyn said...

Damn, woman, but I want to come drink at your house.

I like the word "spate." And "distintegrate."

Jammie J. said...

You assign, we respond, huh?

How about:

conflate
abate
negate
inflate
translate
await (maybe not, since you already used wait)
collate
dictate
freight
mate
trait
speight
crate
sate
skate
slate
gate
estate
sedate
date
plate
predate
misstate
prorate
translate... wait, did I state that?
Ummm,procreate?
oh, oh, conjugate?
desecrate?
hate?

Of course you could go phonetically, too, with words that have the long "a" sound and end in a hard consonant, like "k" ... "steak" or variations thereof.

I hope the rest of your San Diego trip went well. :)

geewits said...

These are GREAT! I just got in a while ago. I'm going to download all my San Diego pics. I had a crazy fun adventure. I will tell all about it tomorrow. Or maybe later if my brain gets less fuzzy.

Dave said...

Weight
Debate
procreate
elaborate
gesticulate
coagulate
hibernate
agitate
amalgamate
congugate

Oh great... I gotta go becaue I am late... which this I hate...

Ayyways...you can delete this comment if you want... I always get too carried away! :-)