Saturday, January 19, 2008

Vacation Planning

I have spent the last two days planning my vacations for this summer. I'll be in Vancouver from June 1st through June 6th visiting our beloved Josie. This is an open invitation to any fun Canadian bloggers to meet up with us. Shoot one of us an e-mail. We will be spending one day visiting Vancouver Island if you're over there. I hope you will still be available to meet up with us, Tai! I also made reservations for a beach cottage on Topsail Island. If you've been reading here long enough, you may remember this is the beach near my Mom's retirement place in North Carolina and also that my best girlfriends live in North Carolina. This means we will get to spend a lovely week On The Beach and I will get to see my Mom and visit with my friends. I picked this particular cottage because of the location. We will be able to walk to many cool places. It's actually a duplex and we will be on the right side in this streetside picture:


This next picture is from the beach looking back at the cottage, so, we will be on the left. The cottage's name is "Yawl Come South." That's funny to me.
Below will be our living room and the access to the beachside decks. (That's the Atlantic Ocean out there "yawl!")
The cottage is wired with high speed internet, so I may borrow my Mom's laptop and try to blog from there. But I will have to wait and see if that seems like a possibility. The next picture is our bedroom. I sleep on the right side and there doesn't seem to be a nightstand there. I will have to find something to put there for my water and carmex. But those windows? They are on the oceanside of the house so they will be cracked so I can hear the ocean all night. Woo hoo!

The picture below is the view of the ocean from the cottage. I will spend most of my time on that deck drinking beer and looking at the ocean!

The beach trip will be June 14th through the 21st, so I will have a week between trips! The last time I did that was April 2004 when I had one week between my Hawaii trip and my North Carolina trip. That was crazy. I hope this will be too!

11 comments:

Jammie J. said...

That cottage looks awesome! How did you find that, yawl?!?

HA! I keep carmex in my nightstand, too. I can't go to sleep unless I put it on my lips. Then I get really irritated if Tony kisses me and steals it. I have to put it back on before I can sleep.

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~LOL! When My Sweetie kisses me after I've just applied Carmex I always say (in my best Scandinavian accent) "Carmex thief!"

I found the cottage on the internet. Fortunately I know the area. Do you remember the picture of me and the pirate statue thing from last summer's beach trip? We'll be about 8 cottages down from that bar. I like to be able to walk to a bar! (But that shouldn't surprise you.) ;)

Jo said...

OH

MY

GOD

That is gorgeous! I see there is room on the balcony for someone to pitch a sleeping bag, if someone were to, say, visit you for a few days.

*heh*

Just kidding. That would mean getting on a plane.

geewits said...

Josie,
~~It has two more bedrooms. If you get in a large trunk, I'll sneak you back here with me. You can pretend you're on a bus!

Scarlet said...

What a cottage! It's beautiful and I love the view of the ocean! I'm trying to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon. We really haven't traveled much, and this is one of the places my hubby and I agree is a must-see!

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~I would love to see the Grand Canyon but I know it would give me terrible vertigo!

Tai said...

Oh, I'll be there! And I'm so excited!!

geewits said...

Tai,
Yay!

Jazz said...

Wow. That view....

Dave said...

Okay.. Hang on a sec.. Let me check my Air Miles! Hmmm.... Darn! LOL

have a great time! I will be thinking of you bloggers out West! I have never been out there... One day maybe.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Yes. I thought of you.

Dave,
~~You've never been to Vancouver? That would be like a Texan that's never been to L.A. or New York! Oh, wait, there probably hundreds of thousand of those people.