Sunday, January 13, 2008

Stupid Dreams


I have the stupidest dreams. In one recently I was trying to sneak off with Willie Ames to make out with him. We were both about 17 and he was my brother on a TV show, so I guess I played one of the sisters on "Eight is Enough." We got to the top of a sand dune and were watching a lady who was a cross between one of my former dance teachers and my former step-mom. She was dressed in purple velvet and was up high like us to accept an award and give a speech because she had donated 8 million dollars to Duke University. She and another lady were doing an ice dance together and fell off the cliff and then the whole sand dune gave way and I was sitting on a ledge about 5 stories up. Then I woke up.

~

In another one my daughter refused to be potty trained and I was getting really tired of changing her diapers. Suddenly I said, "Wait a minute! You know how to use the toilet! You're eleven years old!" (She's 23).

~

Last night I had one where I needed to know the number of gold on the periodic table of the elements. In real life I'm practically obsessive about looking things up. Before the internet, I'd keep lists of things to look up and go to the library and have a field day. You can't imagine how much I love the internet. It feeds my need. But the stupid thing is, I constantly dream about having to look things up. So if I don't know it, how can my brain supply the answer in my dream? Yeah, it's weird. I usually get so bent out of shape I wake up. Not last night. I knew about where AU is located on the periodic table but for some reason in my dream, I had to know the number. But instead of waking up, my brain supplied a wrong answer and my dream self accepted it. It was 19. When I woke up, I thought, gold doesn't break down so it must be an even number. Well it's not. It's 79. 19 is Potassium (K). Maybe my brain was just trying to tell me I need potassium. Or it was just another stupid dream?

11 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I've been having weird dreams, too. But I can't remember them now. I remember I had one dream that I wrote a really cool song, lyrics AND music. I sung it and sung it in my dream, but when I woke up, I couldn't remember it any longer. I was so sad. I could've been famous. (sigh)

geewits said...

Jammie J,
~~Isn't that frustrating?!? I've woken up laughing like hell and then couldn't remember what was so funny. I HATE that!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You have very vivid and interesting dreams...And that you remember them so well....Amazing!
Dreams sure are funny....I was told that the content of the dream is not the important thing---It is how you felt....Which certainly can put a whole different emphasis on "interpretation"...According to this doctor....It's what and how you felt dreaming whatever it is that one should look at and that is the important part...!

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~That would explain the daughter dream - maybe she was just irritating me. As for the scary heights thing, that's just fear and I am a fearful person. I don't get the last one though. Why did I feel the need to know the periodic table number for gold? Oh. I think I know.

Scarlet said...

I remember having a crush on Willie Ames when I was a teen. I had posters of him, Scott Baio and Leif Garrett all over my walls. On another wall I had the rock stars...Eddie Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Peter Frampton. Maybe you've been watching too much Nick at Night! ;)

Anyway, I'm a lot like you about wanting to know things and loving the internet for providing the answers right at my fingertips.

The dream about your daughter, I can't figure that one out. Maybe you want her to listen to you about something, but you can't make her take your advice at 23. It was much easier when you had more control...like in those potty training years. :)

Ian Lidster said...

Willie Ames, eh? Don't know what to make of that.
However, the periodic chart one was fascinating and how you had the '9' part in the dream.
And, I am so glad your daughter finally got potty trained. That would have been very tiresome otherwise.

Jo said...

Geewits, good grief! There is no way I would be able to remember details of dreams like that.

And anyway, some dreams are best left forgotten. But the periodic table? What on earth was that about???

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~That's funny about your posters. The only poster I ever had of a person was Elton John as "The Pinball Wizard." I liked posters with witty sayings. I laughed out loud on your daughter idea because I wouldn't even think about trying to give her advice. It would be like asking a rock to jump.

Ian,
~~In the dream it WAS very tiresome.

Josie,
~~I have no idea. Why would I EVER need to know the periodic element number for gold?

Jocelyn said...

I believe the hair on your legs has gotten so thick that it's cutting off proper oxygen flow to your brain during sleep.

Shave, and leave poor Willie Ames alone.

Jazz said...

I love your dreams, they make mine seem ever so much less bizarre.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~You'll have to show me the Ladies Rule Book section that says we have to shave our legs in winter!

Jazz,
~~And just last night I had another of my "Aliens Take Over the World" dreams!