Monday, December 31, 2007

Where Did The Year Go?

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I'd like to share a ridiculous event with you all and hope you can picture it and find it as amusing as I did. Sunday afternoon, I'm on hold with Wal-Mart. I hear My Sweetie's cell phone ring and run to grab it hoping it is my sister-in-law calling to tell me she can take me to the airport on Saturday (it was and she is). So I'm holding the house phone to my left ear listening to hideous country music courtesy of Wal-Mart, and holding a cell phone to my right ear talking to my SIL when My Sweetie walks up holding out MY cell phone and says, "It's your Mom." I would LOVE to have seen the expression on my face.

I hope everyone of you has a great 2008. And I guess I'll find out as the year unfolds because I will be reading all about it on your blogs. So keep blogging, and have a peaceful and prosperous new year!

13 comments:

Jo said...

So, what did you do - grow a third ear? That's too funny!

Happy New Year!!!!

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I didn't have the third arm to reach for the phone! I hung up with Wal-Mart, told my SIL I'd call her back and then heard my Mom saying, "Okay." Then I had to yell, "Wait, not you Mom!" The whole thing was ridiculous!

Jammie J. said...

We have too many phones, I swear! :)
Hope you have a good New Year's day.

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~You too! Stay in those jammies and I'll see you on Saturday.

Big Brother said...

Vive la technologie!!! Have a Happy New Years.

geewits said...

Thanks Big Brother!
~~How do you say "Happy New Year!" in French?

Dave said...

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to offer your condolences and giving me the encouragement that I needed at this time. I hope you have a Happy New Year! :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, That is quite a picture....THREE Cell phones at once!

Have a lovely New Years Day, my dear....I'm off to bed shortly....My New Years Party was very sweet, and fun!

geewits said...

Dave,
~~I wish you the best!

Naomi,
~~I can't wait to hear about your party!

Jocelyn said...

Reason #456 why I don't have a cell phone.

Or call Wal-Mart.

Happy New Year, dearie.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~Happy New Year to you! I have to have a cell phone because I do Meals on Wheels and we have to call in if someone doesn't come to the door. And to text my daughter. She's 23 and it seems to be the only way to communicate with her.

Whayyagonnado?

Scarlet said...

I'd love to see a pic of you juggling three calls! ;)

I want to wish you and your Sweetie a wonderful 2008! Thanks for being such a fun and entertaining blogger! :)

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Ditto!