Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ranting, Jazz Style

I decided to steal borrow from Jazz and do this post as "correspondence."
~
Dear Church Secretary Lady,
When Meals on Wheels calls you with a late cancellation please date your post-it note and put it where it will be found so that it is not accidentally found on the floor for me to wonder if it was from earlier this week or meant for me.
~
Dear Union Pacific Railroad,
If you insist on running your trains through North Fort Worth during my MOW delivery time, could you at least use shorter trains? P.S. How do you get the trucks out of those train cars?
~
Dear Postmaster General,
PLEASE explain to me why you would allow there to be ONE, ONE, yes, ONE employee working a counter with 5, FIVE, windows on DECEMBER 12th?!? Why? Why? I've been there in June and there were three windows open. WHY WHY WHY would there be only one window open on DECEMBER 12th?!!!? P.S. I hate you.
~
Dear God,
I don't mind rain, but why does it always seem to pick up just as I need to get out of the car? P.S. If you are reading this, I hope I won the lottery tonight.
-------Sincerely, Geewits

11 comments:

Jammie J. said...

The post office... gah!
I ordered something online, they shipping it USPS with delivery confirmation. It was confirmed delivered to my post office on 12/6 and I haven't yet seen hide nor hair of it.
I wonder if they delivered it to one of my neighboring PO boxes? I'm going tomorrow to find out, wish me luck.

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~No one should have to deal with the pain of the post office in December. But ONE PERSON? Geez, that was annoying. I was there 35 minutes. I wish you luck and a shorter line. Oh, and that you find your package!
And I like the new avatar.

Ian Lidster said...

I can so relate to the post office. Banks are nearly as bad, but the PO excells. Well done, dear. You gave Jazz a good run for her money.

Re your comment on my painting. You know, when I was doing the work, I never once thought about female breasts (well, probably a lie, but not in context of the painting, at least). Now, my love, that's 'all' I can see. You opened up a new dimension.

ticknart said...

So, did you win?
I hope you won.

Jazz said...

Dear Geewits,

I rain on you because I can.

Sincerely,

God.

PS: Nope, you didn't win.

Jo said...

Dear God, why does the cement truck pull out in front of us ... and stop, just when I am already late for work? You have managed to do this to me three times now. You do have a sense of humor, right?

Me.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~The Post Office was excruciating! If I think of anything else I need to send, it's goung UPS!

Ticknart,
~~I had two numbers on one line! Yay! I win! No?

Jazz,
~~You are correct on all counts!

Josie,
~~Maybe Vancouver really really needs more cement?

Scarlet said...

I can relate to the whole post office experience. I'm dreading it and I still have gifts to buy BEFORE I go. Probably next week!

God, help me!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I HATE THE POST OFFICE! And this time of year? Well, I'm just grateful I do not have to go there because I am unable to with my Health Issues.....I have this arrangement with the MAIL & MORE People...just down the hill from me...The Owner comes out to the little parking lot so I do not have to go in there....It does cost a little more, but, it is worth it to me, especially under the circumstances, and it is basically strees-free, even if you go in there....Everything seems
so difficult now, doesn't it?

geewits said...

Oh, Scarlet, nooooo

Naomi,
~~I'm glad you have something worked out. The post office is not a place one would choose to spend an hour of their time!

geewits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.