Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dumber By The Minute

You guys may think I am exaggerating when I post about all the stupid stuff I do, but I am not. I posted back in January about my printer problem with black ink -how I had no black ink.. After that, everything I printed had to be blue, red, purple or green. I started messing around with it again, ELEVEN MONTHS LATER, and got this message:
"...the protective tape may still be on the print cartridges." Guess what? It was! Maybe there is an explanation - not counting all the beer, of course. (What sort of fool counts their beer?) Today I was at Garden Ridge looking at Christmas stuff. My yard decor theme is candy canes. I found this nifty set of candy canes with lights on a clearance shelf. There was no tag or UPC code. No box, nothing. I finally found an employee and told them I needed some help. No way was I going to stand in line without a price. I stood there holding my candy canes and zoned out for about 7 minutes until the guy showed up with a flattened box. I went to get in line, still holding the candy canes, and happened to look at the box:

15 comments:

ticknart said...

Well, since Texas doesn't know that lead is a problem, you should be fine, right?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. I automatically look for the "made in China" label on anything, and if I see it, I don't buy it.

Jo said...

Well, will you look at what the computer gremlins did to my post. :-)

geewits said...

Ticknart
~~Sure. That makes sense!

Josie
~~Are you developing a split personality? A actually bought the candy canes. Maybe I should post a sign in my yard telling the neighborhood kids not to lick them?

Jazz said...

The tape was still in your printer cartridge??? Splutter choke splutter... who me? Laughing?

Ian Lidster said...

As long as it's carcinogenic in Texas, you'll be OK. Too bad about the Californians.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Yes I had somehow not removed the tape from the cartridge. I should stop doing things at 3:00 in the morning.

Ian
~~I guess you meant NOT carcinogenic. I used Purell and I will wear gloves when I set them up in my yard for the children to lick.

Jammie J. said...

As long as those candy canes don't cause one to forget to peel tape off their printer cartridges, you should be okay, right?

:P

Jocelyn said...

That's my problem: I don't have a yard decor theme.

geewits said...

Jammie J,
~~If it causes that, how will I be able to tell?

Jocelyn,
~~I'm candy canes outside and santas inside. The tree has sort of a Peanuts theme, with other whimsical things mixed in. My husband's mom got him a Peanuts ornament every year and I already had several of my own, so we have lots of Snoopy and company ornaments.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Haha. Very funny. Lead can also damage brain cells, ya know.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well...THAT'S pretty scary!!! Why would they even try to sell Toxic stuff like that??? That should be disposed of in a way that is SAFE for everyone!!! Horrible!

geewits said...

LGS,
~~I'm not sure I have any undamaged ones left.

Naomi,
~~I wonder why they even keep putting lead in everything.

Scarlet said...

Are they trying to kill us?? What's up with that?! I wouldn't have bought them...you're a brave one, Geewits!

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Sometimes "brave" means "stupid."