Monday, December 10, 2007

My Juvenile Humor


I bought these letter stamps at Michael's last week and the French name really cracks me up. What am I? 12?
~
I'm still in my Christmas slump. My tally for the entire weekend was the aforementioned candy cane on the wall outside, plus Christmas placemats for the coffee table (that's where we eat), and a Christmas box of Kleenex for the coffee table. Kleenex has some really good Christmas designs. I think that Kleenex box may just be the thing to get me going. This post brought to you by Kleenex brand facial tissue. Hah Ha, just kidding. I actually brought some Christmas stuff in from the garage, but it's just sitting there ignored in the library. Oh and we bought an outdoor extension cord for the toxic candy canes, so if it stops raining, I can set that little noxious display up. And the weather. Oh, the weather. The weather that was 80 degrees on Friday? It's 34 degrees now. Presto change-o! At least it feels more like Christmas.
~
I think I've finally decided on a spot for the tree. It's sort of in a walkway. Okay, it's RIGHT IN a walkway, but we can walk around it, right? The best part is the view from where I sit. It's RIGHT THERE. Plus we need to keep an eye on it with the new cat. And the old cat. The old cat likes to chew on it. And then throw up the needles. Not very Christmas spirity, I'd say. Maybe tomorrow I will start putting some of my little Santa's out. And candles and things. Maybe I should start looking at Christmas recipes. But no tampons en mousse. That doesn't sound right at all.

13 comments:

Jazz said...

Double faced tampons, no less...

Bwah!

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~That still seems weird!

Jo said...

Geewits, welcome to our world. Everything here is in English and French, and tampons is a word used a lot. I have never seen double faced, though.

I had a cat that used to love eating the tinsel off the tree. Then after a while a little piece would stick out, um, the other end. My daughter would grab ahold of it, the cat would keep walking, et voila! the tinsel came out. We stopped using tinsel. :-)

Jammie J. said...

Glad you found a spot for your tree. Hehe, our cats have been (for the most part) good kitties. I think it has a lot to do with the automatic scent dispenser we have under there. Except for sneaky Snuggy.
Maybe I should try putting some tampons en mousse under there, that might scare them away!

Scarlet said...

It makes you wonder what the French word for tampons would be.

You don't know how jealous I am of your 34 degrees. I'm going to watch my son play soccer tonight in a tank top...on Dec. 10th!! That's Florida for you...bah humbug!

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I'm glad we don't use tinsel!

Jeanette,
~~I imagine they wouldn't like that.

Scarlet,
~~That's a great question! I don't mind the 34 degrees, but just a day and a half after 80 degrees? I'd like some transition.

Big Brother said...

We don't do xmas trees at our place, Mrs BB sets up a Christmas village... well it's more of a xmas city or maybe an xmas county since it has villages, ski resorts, farms, loggers, a train, lake with boats, roads, wildlife, etc etc. I'll put up some pictures when she gets done.

geewits said...

Big Brother,
~~So I can just set up my Rudolph scene? I have all the characters.

I'm looking forward to the pics!

Dave said...

Here in Canada, we often come across hilarious English to French translations. Gives us a reason to enjoy our childhood once more!

geewits said...

Dave,
~~I can make that into a photo hunt when I visit Vancouver in May!

Ian Lidster said...

'Tampons en mousse' sounds like a bizarre and frightening 'haute cuisine' dish. No, I'd rather not go there.

Tai said...

Many years ago, my boyfriend (at the time) had a brother who came to stay with us for a month or two while looking for a place to live.
It was lovely.

Several years later, I happened to be out with him and several other friends of my (then) ex-boyfriend, when I began teasing him about something.

"Well, at least I didn't leave my TAMPONS lying around for everyone to see." He exclaimed, indignantly.

Confused, I said, "WHAT!?!"

"When I lived with you, you left them on the sink." He said.

"Oh. You mean the round, thin white disc-like things?"
"Yeah!"
"Todd, 'Tampon' is french for 'pad'. Those were make-up removers."

I think he's still feeling cross about the whole thing.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~Yeah, no kidding!

Tai,
~~That's funny!