Friday, December 21, 2007

The Trip is a GO!


I got my itinerary today for my San Diego trip. I was a bit worried there for a while thinking it wasn't going to happen this year, but it is on! I get there at 2:10 Saturday afternoon on the 5th and we leave at 5:55 (p.m. of course) on the 7th. And I found something for us to do. We weren't going to do anything particular this trip, but there is a Duke game at 2:30 California time that Sunday, so we plan to find a great sports bar to watch the game that afternoon. That should be a memorable Duke game. I've never watched Duke play while in San Diego. I'm glad we're not playing UCLA! We'll be playing Cornell, which is in New York, so hopefully we won't end up exchanging fisticuffs with the other patrons. So now I have my plane tickets and a simple plan for something special to do. Yay! 15 days until San Diego.

7 comments:

Jazz said...

San Diego. Sunshine. Warmth.

Have a great time!

OK, this is weird. Word verification is gduke...

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~That's so weird about the word verification. Sadly we lost last night - by ONE point in overtime. I was not happy. I'll be sure to get you a sunny snow-free postcard from San Diego!

Jo said...

Lucky you! I have never been to San Diego, but I have always wanted to go. Take pictures!

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I will take tons of pictures. I just found out tonight that we WILL be staying at the Marriott Resort and Marina so I may end up taking too many marina pictures! If I get a really good one, I'll send it to you to paint.

Jo said...

Well, just make sure it doesn't have too many boats in it. :-) I can probably paint one boat at a time, but I would love to try!

P.S. The word verification is mextad. Let's see if I get it.

geewits said...

Josie,
~~Oops, I forgot to turn that off (she said sheepishly)!

Dave said...

Have a great trip geewits! :-)