Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good Ole Holiday Spirit



So here it is, just two weeks until Christmas, and my Christmas Spirit? As Yukon Cornelious (pictured above) would say, "Nothin!" Every time I think of a good spot for a Christmas tree, and this is always in the middle of the night after many beers, the next day I look there and think, "No, that would be stupid." My husband called from the grocery store Monday night and said, "Can you think of anything else I should get?" I said, "Yeah, grab a bottle of Christmas Spirit." He said, "Yeah, no kidding." I said, "Yeah, make it TWO." (We always start our sentences with "yeah.")

~

I was thinking about all of this Sunday night or Monday or whenever and came up with a great idea. I can get a large pumpkin, carve four-leaf clovers and hearts on it, fill it with colored eggs, stick little American flags on top and mount it on a post with colored lights and a big red bow. That should take care of EVERYTHING!!!

10 comments:

Jazz said...

I like that idea. I have no Christmas spirit either. Never do really. I guess I'm just not a Christmassy person.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~The strange thing is I've always been a Christmas fanatic. We even got married in front of a Christmas tree. I can't figure it out.

Michael said...

What about Cinco de Mayo? Pour some tequila inside and you're set.

Tai said...

I am SO SURE you should carve that pumpkin and then blog pictures.
I, personally, would LOVE that!

Scarlet said...

I want to get into the spirit, too, but it's not happening...yet. Tell your husband to grab me a bottle and ship it down C.O.D. while he's out.

Big Brother said...

Is the Texan "yeah" at the beginning of a sentence like the Canadian "Eh?" at the end?

Jo said...

Geewits, come to work in our office. We're all eating booze-filled chocolates.

The Christmas spirit is starting to flow...

Cheers (hic)
Josie

geewits said...

Mike,
~~If I pour the tequila it will be in a glass with ornage juice and grenadine.

Tai,
~~Maybe next Ocotber I'll make an all-purpose holiday pumpkin. Why not?

Scarlet,
~~I wish they COULD bottle it!

Big Brother,
~~It's not a Texas thing. We stole it from Michael Rapaport "a true New Yorker through and through," when he said a line on "Friends." He said (in a thick New York accent), "Yeah, I'm gonna say no." It was a great line and we loved it and ...

Josie,
~~Eeeeew! You said, "come to work." I could visit, but no working!

GW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GW said...

Someone should invent pumpkins costumes like they have for geese. We could all have carved foam pumpkins and just deck 'em out all year 'round, a version of Mr. Potato Head, if you will. :D