Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bad Weather News and Whatnot


The longe range weather forecast for my San Diego trip does not look so good. I arrive at 2:10 next Saturday and we only have Sunday as the one full day and we leave Monday afternoon. I guess no sunny warm San Diego for me. And the weather isn't that different from Texas weather. It may end up being warmer here. The good news is we are staying at the Marriott Hotel and Marina and there is all sorts of stuff to do there. And we can always take a cab someplace if we want to move about. I'll still be able to see the marina and the bay if it's not raining too hard. Well the trip is free so I'm not going to complain about anything. I hope San Diego is like Texas in that long range weather forecasts are meaningless, because here weather is always subject to change.
~
Tomorrow I'm taking my new jeans to the tailor to have them hemmed for the trip and to Target to burn through a gift card we got for Christmas. On Sunday I'm going to decorate for New Year's Eve. I bought a bunch of goofy hanging things from The Party Store. Monday night we will do our usual thing of having fun finger foods (as if we were at an actual party) and drinking good champagne. We also bought a whole large bottle of poppers so we will make a giant mess while scaring the cats. I injured myself last year with those things so I'm going to wear gloves this year.
~
Oh and Wednesday night we went to see I Am Legend at The Movie Tavern and it was really good. My Sweetie said it was truer to the book than the Charlton Heston version. And it's only an hour long so I was able to make it through the whole movie. That was a first! Or maybe it was because I had wine instead of beer?

9 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

When I saw your "forecast" I thoight to myself....They are NEVER right about these things and especially if it is a long-range deal....It was supposed to rain here today...They have been talking about it for at least 5 days. Did it rain? NO! So, maybe with any luck, it will be BEAUTIFUL in San Diego on that Sunday! I'll let you know what it is doing here....!

Jo said...

Geewits, that hotel looks spectacular. It wouldn't even matter if it rained! But of course, you don't want it to rain when you go to San Diego. We'll get Ivan to do his shaman dance and scare the rain clouds away.

kimber said...

Have a lovely trip, no matter what the weather! I saw I Am Legend and am now inspired to read the book. I had no idea there was a Charlton Heston version of the film until I visited your site -- good or bad, I may just try to rent it, because it's always fun to compare and contrast movies in my household.

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~That's good to know. I thought they only got the weather wrong in Texas!

Josie,
~~If anyone can do it, I'm sure Ivan can!

Kimber,
~~The Heston version is called The Omega Man. We like to do that too! Good ones are A Star is Born 1937 vs. 1954 (The 1976 version is awful) and The Philadelphia Story vs. High Society which is almost word for word.

Ian Lidster said...

It will be bright and sunny in SD. I wish that for you. Indeed, it's my New Year's wish for you.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~That's so sweet! That may ruin your reputation as a crotchety old dude.

Big Brother said...

We haven't seen the sun in Montreal for so long that we're starting to believe that it is just a fable that is told to scare the kids... ;o) It's coolish (between -1 and 4 degrees Celsius)but very damp and clammy that makes it seem colder. Hope you get some sun and nice weather on your trip.
PS I'll go see the film, I read the book a long time ago and liked it although I didn't particularly like the Heston film.

geewits said...

Big Brother,
~~Yeah, the Heston version seems so campy and 70's hippyish. That's awful about not seeing the sun? I hope you're not getting S.A.D.!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Come on by my blog and check out the little "present" I put on there....I think it will make you smile!
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR.....!
It is warming up here in L.A.
Keep checking the weather reports in S.D.