Friday, November 23, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened

The oddest thing happened today: I had a really good time. The food was great, the company was pleasant and then I had a blast playing with my 4-year-old nephew. We were on a love seat together and I taught him MATH. I used my fingers or his potato chips and did a lot of 1 + 1, 1 + 2, and 1 + 3. I also made a silly singing game out of counting on my fingers. When I'd do the voice for "five," he would erupt in a fit of giggles and say, "Do that AGAIN!" I also taught him how to be creative. I had him sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," for me then I started making up words like, "Twinkle, twinkle little frog, you are smaller than a dog." He thought that was the funniest thing ever and wanted to do it all day except his second line never rhymed and always had the word "brain" in it. One of his was really good and I said, "Hey, that's a good one!" A few minutes later when I did one he said, "Hey, that's a good one!" I thought it was interesting that he used the word brain so much. I somehow never mentioned it here, but my brother-in-law had his FOURTH brain surgery on the 9th. They installed a $14,000+ programmable pump so they can have exact control over how fast (or slow) the fluid drains out through his stint. He seemed in really good spirits and they were able to go in exactly on the scar so he doesn't have a new scar to deal with. Wait I forgot to tell you the really oddest thing that happened today. It sleeted and snowed. Yes. You read that right. It sleeted and snowed. It was 85 degrees two days ago, and today it sleeted and snowed. Of course we were all going crazy over it. We were all "Whaaaaaa???" And I made some jokes about our blogger buddy JR being in Houston from Michigan during this funky cold snap - because My Sweetie's family is from Michigan. I tried to take some pictures but I think the flash messed it up. I'll check them later. It really was a fun day. I hope everyone else had a great day, too.

7 comments:

Big Brother said...

Seems that it sleeted and snowed all over North Amercica then, because we had our first snow/slush/sleet storm yesterday.... some people hadn't even put on their winter tires so it was a rather interesting drive into work. Must have been interesting in Texas where winter tires don't even exist.

Scarlet said...

Snow? You lucky dog! That would've been the highlight of my Thanksgiving.

No, actually, it would be the story of you and your nephew...that's priceless. Thanks for sharing!

Tai said...

LOVE your 'little frog' line, that made me laugh!

Glad you had such a great time!

geewits said...

Big Brother,
~~It was not cold enough for it to stick, so on the highway it was just water. And yeah, what are snow tires?

Scarlet,
~~It was very pretty especially when the flakes got real fat. Yes my nephew was a blast and his laugh is so infectious!

Tai,
~~It was fun doing it with all sorts of animals and even body parts like nose and eye. And the goofier the second line, the more he laughed.

Jo said...

Geewits, it sounds like you had fun. Isn't it funny how little kids like that can inspire creativity? Love your frog poem. :-)

Okay, did I read you correctly? Sleeted and snowed? In Texas? It's sunny and clear here, and a bit frosty, but no sleet or snow. Didn't you guys get a killer frost last year as well? Maybe the earth has rotated on its axis. We are now in Texas and you're in Canada. Heh.

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

(My word verification for this comment is "gdabumm". Can you do a poem with that in it? And rhyme it? ...Ha!)

geewits said...

Josie,
~~How's this:

Not having fun?
Your life feeling ho-hum?
It's easy to fix,
Gdabumm, gdabumm.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your nephew sounds very very bright! And like he is aq lot of fun to play with!!

Snow??? WOW! The weather certainly is bizarre everywhere these days.....