Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Hooked On....

I have an obsession with hooks. I love hooks and have all types everywhere. I have a hook on almost every door in the house and some doors have hooks on both sides. When we bought the house there were a few hooks on the backs of the bathroom doors and that was good and all, but they were plastic and the stick on type. The pic to the left there is a magnetic hook on my fridge. Magnetic hooks are great and I have several in my garage. The plastic hooks in the pics below were already here with the exception of the "over the door" hook, which I think is a kickass invention. My very favorite hook is a metal work hook that I bought at Main Street Arts Festival several years ago. I have that on the coat closet door. The metal worker artist gave me his card but the number was no good after I left a few messages. I wanted to buy more stuff, but he never called back and then the number was dead. I don't know what that was about. And he's never been back to Main Street. Anyway this is that hook:
Something about it makes me think of Dr. Seuss. Maybe it reminds me of Little Mary Lou Who's hair or something. I'm not sure, but I really love it. Here are some examples of more of the hooks here.



Another thing that came with the house was a peg board in the garage and I really love that. I mean, it is HOOK CITY.:

I actually had lots more pictures of hooks, but I realized it really was starting to feel like overkill. I can't help it. I really love hooks. I think a perfect house would have hooks everywhere. Do you have something like that in your house that you are a fanatic about?

10 comments:

VioletSky said...

Shower curtains. At one point I had more than enough for a decorating change every month. I use them for doorways as well (not the vinyl ones), they take up much less space than a door and still let light and the cat through.

Mr. Jazz said...

I'm hooked on your blog.

Big Brother said...

Maybe you should your name from geewits to Captain Hook. ;o)

Big Brother said...

By the way I think I've found the problem with my blog. It seems that one of my last posts was causing IE a bout of indigestion so I simply deleted it. Everything should work now, hopefully.
You really should try Firefox,version 3.5 has come out and it is fast and stable.

Jazz said...

Fridge magnets. I've managed to control myself somewhat, but my fridge was completely covered at one point. As was the stove fan, and the back door (which is metal)... I'm thinking I have to pull them all out again.

Daryl said...

The front door to our apartment is apparently is metal .. I have 3 magnetic hooks on the inside where Husband hangs his caps and I hang my schelp bag .. that way I never forget to take it with me!

geewits said...

Violetsky,
~~I made curtains out of shower curtains a long time ago. It was a rental house and cheap and easy. I do save shower curtains now when I change mine out and use them for paint tarps.

Mr. Jazz,
~~Awwwww.

Big Brother,
~~Captain Hook? That fits. I forgot to mention firefox to the mister. This internet computer is his computer, so it's up to him.

Jazz,
~~Fridge magnets are my new thing to collect when I travel. I really do not need more T-shirts or shot glasses. I also had Mom get me a bunch when they RV'ed out west a few years back. I love them! Those photos in the very top picture are in magnetic photo holders. They are on the side of my fridge.

Daryl,
~~Yay! You are also "hooked."

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all these Hooks---each one has a special ARTFUL Quality....More, Moee, More...Not overkill to me.

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Hooks are really great, aren't they?

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm drawn to hooks also, especially hand made ones. As I look around my house to answer your question, though, the answer has to be candles and/or candle holders. I have dozens, made from wrought iron, stained glass, retro barware. They are on table tops, mantle, in sconces on the walls, and suspended in lanterns and such. And yes, when I'm entertaining, or just have a quiet evening at home, I light them. All.