Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Wet and Tired Of It



I think this unrelenting wet weather is starting to affect me. I'm just really really tired of it. On top of the wet soggy mess that is the world around me, I am now getting mosquito bites on a regular basis. I thought when May ended, the weather would return to normal, but the rain continued through June and now it is supposed to rain every single day through Sunday. And probably after that. Our street is on the side of a hill with the yards cut out like stair steps and now My Sweetie is having nightmares that everything will collapse and all the houses will slide down to the bottom of the hill.

~

On top of the daily routine news about floods, lake levels, water rescues and weather forecasts, the latest thing is whether or not there will be any fireworks on Wednesday. Even if they can shoot off the fireworks, will anyone go? I imagine the best choice would be Lone Star Park (a horse racing park) because there is a lot of indoor seating, but the fireworks display is "weather permitting." Sigh.

~

Maybe I should rent one of those old movies about hot thirsty people trudging through the Sahara desert being hammered by the giant bright sun. Oh giant bright sun, how I long for thee.

12 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is amazing..the amount of RAIN you have had and are still having---and WE are having the worst drought on record! According to the news...this is the dryest year ever recorded since they have been recording statistics like this...I hope we will get some of your rain,and YOU will get some of our sun!

geewits said...

Naomi,
Thanks,I hope your wish comes true!

ticknart said...

The temp in my chunk of CA is supposed to beat 100 tomorrow and me with out air conditioning.

The rain there sounds exciting. Of course it's probably only exciting for the first week, then it becomes annoying, followed by a pain in the butt, and then eventually turns into a stress that changess otherwise kind people in psychopatic killers, or not.

Hope there are fireworks for you tomorrow.

Ian Lidster said...

After a horribly wet spring here, I can only sympathize and empathize. This too shall pass and sunny skies will return -- I think.
Happy 4th to you, my friend.
Ian

Jazz said...

Happy belated 4th... and here's to a less soggy July.

geewits said...

ticknart,
I'm not sure about pyschopathic killers, more like dreary, mopey bores.

Ian,
Thanks! I doubt I will see frworks, but I will wish for sunny skies.

Jazz,
Belated? Tou ARE getting senile. Today is the 3rd! But thanks anyway. We plan to stay home and play games all day.

Jo said...

Geewits, I have actually seen news reports of the flooding there, on our local TV news station. Holy smoke! I think this summer is pretty much a write-off for you guys, and it looks as if it is for us too. It snowed just a few miles north of us a couple of weeks ago.

Happy 4th of July!

Cheers,
Josie

Jo said...

P.S. I took my Renoir into a framing store to have it framed today, and they had a framed print of "The Young Shepherdess" there, and I thought of you. It's a beautiful painting.

Josie

dragonflyfilly said...

yep, one can surely sympathize with you as we here in BC have had our share of flodding, but fortunately for me i'm on the 3rd floor and am safe for now. Two years ago our underground was parking and we could not park, but still, nothing like other people have had to suffer.

for the mozzies (mosquitoes), most people swear by Avon's Skin-So-Soft; try it.

i also have a Shepherdess painint, by Paul Peal (1892) - when i have my scanner back i will try to do scan it it to show you.

cheers for now, and i hope you have sunshine around you soon.
pj

Anonymous said...

Y'all are just being rain piggies, no matter what you say. :P

geewits said...

Josie,
Yeah it's bad here. And I have a funny post coming up about that painting.

Dragon,
I'm not really into nudes but I like the style of Peel's "The Little Shepherdess."

J,
Oink oink, the rain's all here!

ticknart said...

Do you see? The boredom is how it starts.

Someone is sitting, watching the rain out a window and dowsn't want to watch TV any more and then wonders if the flood waters would wash away something heavy, like a body. And then he wonders what it would be like to kill a person, to have the ultimate power over a human being. Then he kills and tosses the body in an over flowing stream so the water will carry the soon to be bloated corpse far, far a way. :)