Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And The Cat Came Back

Elaine came back tonight. Rufus was at the door again and she didn't care but she will run away if she sees a person. I was able to take this picture by extending my hand out and because it's a digital camera I had the big LED (or LCD?) screen so I could see what I was doing without the kitten seeing me. She didn't react to the flashes either. It's hard to tell how really tiny she is in this picture, but that bowl is a small bowl, and those are regular sized bricks.

I guess I jinxed myself last week when I kept saying how happy I was that whatever animal took the tomato didn't damage the plant, because less than 12 hours after that post, a whole branch had been pulled down and broken. For some crazy reason I decided to put it in water. That was 5 days ago and my "hydroponic tomatoes" are doing okay so far. I did put a tiny pinch of Miracle Gro in the water.
I'm not a typical female when it comes to shoes, but I bought these yesterday and I really like them. The reason I am not really a shoe person is because I have Fred Flintstone feet. And yes, it is the same shoe in two different colors. I've been buying shoes that way since I was 9. I actually bought a shoe a couple of years ago in THREE different colors. That's just how I roll. Yabba dabba do!


9 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That Miracle Grow is fabulous stuff, isn't it? We use it in my Cactus Garden and I think it is a wonderful product!

That kitten is darling! I hope she stays around....Keep that food comin'...(lol)

Anonymous said...

Kitten is too cute! Yabba dabba do! You so silly!

Jo said...

Love the shoes...! Now you have to buy new outfits to go with them, right? That's what I do. I have been known to build a whole outfit around a pair of earrings.

Elaine is adorable. She must be a stray. Maybe it was her who took the bite out of the tomato...

Even if it a "he", her name is still Elaine. It's official. You will just have to tell Your Sweetie has been out-voted. Ha!

Josie

Jazz said...

Poor kitten... it obviously needs a home. I want it.

geewits said...

Josie,
A whole outfit around a pair of earrings? Hmmmmm. I have a lovely pair of emeralds that I never wear. Maybe I should get an outfit for them. In reality, I just needed new shoes. My current summer shoes are 5 or 6 years old.

Jazz,
I'm starting to think the kitten may be feral, which means there is no way to capture her without a trap. The fact that she did not react at all to the camera flash or Rufus, yet darts away like lightning at the sight of a person is not a good sign.

Ian Lidster said...

Cool shoes, which is always a better thing than cruel shoes.
Glad the cat came back.
Ian

geewits said...

Ian,
I have that Steve Martin book somewhere. I wonder where it is?

Anonymous said...

Who knew one could grow tomatoes in water? Huh.
That kitten is stinkin' adorable! I love kittens. I think that's why we have so many cats now -- them cute little kittens grew up!

geewits said...

Jammie,
They have a tendency to do that. Silly kittens!