Saturday, July 07, 2007

Updates

This is the latest update on my BIL. My SIL sent this out Wednesday. We are going to visit him tomorrow.

***
Happy 4th of July to you all!

Fortunately, there's not a whole lot to tell you about our boy. He is slowly, but surely, getting a little bit better every day. As some of you know, he's been up to Station 3 to eat or just visit a couple of times. Even that tires him out, and he has to come home and lie down. Today we drove to Granbury, and he got to see some of his family. That also wore him out. But at least he's trying! He has graduated to sitting up in bed for long periods of time playing his XBOX. It seems to keep his mind occupied for a while. However, I think he's also getting a case of cabin fever, and as wonderful as I may be :), he probably likes to see a few other faces than mine. So, if any of you fellas are out and about and have a few minutes, I'm sure he'd love the chance to visit with you!

Medically speaking, he got his staples out last week and the incision seems to be healing nicely. He is still receiving antibiotics through the PICC line at 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. I think he only has two weeks left of this! He has another Dr. appt. in about 3 weeks after he has a CAT scan, and I guess we'll know more about when he can come back to work then.

Thanks for your love, support and especially your prayers!! It has made all the difference in the world to us!

Love,
Lisa

*****

On the weather: Last night on the news they said that the airport (and we live next to the airport) had had rain 19 days in the last 20. All I could think was, "There was a day without rain?" It rained early this morning so now it's officially 20 of 21. There WAS sun today and I sat in it for a while. It was unusual, to say the least.

~

Some stupid stuff I have said recently: I was talking to someone in a bar and I was trying to tell them about that great cooking store and I said, "Have you been to Smith and Wesson?" Yeah, I meant Williams-Sonoma. Tonight I had Double Jeopardy on the tube. My husband came into the room to ask what I was watching. I said, "Double Jeopardy, the movie with Ashley Judd. You know, the one where you can't be twied trice for the same crime?" I felt like Elmer Fudd.

8 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks Soooo Much for the info on the Stove! That sure looks like the same type if hardware and things...How did you ever find this? AMAZING! I Googled all sorts of things but never got to Cuisineire....You are a Miracle Dectective!!

Glad to read your BIL is doing so much better!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I hope everything goes well for him. Hey, I like the old grade school photos, cool stuff.

Jo said...

Geewits, I'm glad to hear your BIL is feeling better and is on the mend.

I'm always coming out with spoonerisms, and I don't realize I have said them until there is a pause in the conversation, and people look at me... "huh"?

geewits said...

Lady,
I got the brand name from the old postcard I found. Another of your commenters also found it and left you a link.

JR,
Thanks. I don't have a lot. My parents weren't very good at that sort of thing.

Josie,
I always notice right after I've said something, but I always ask, "Did I just say....?" And sometimes when I ask and try to say it backwards, I say it correctly. It's a crazy vicious circle.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Glad to hear about BIL.

From your deswiption, Double Jeopardy sounds like a movie with a daffy duck and a wascally wabbit in it.

Ian Lidster said...

And, I hope you were being vewy, vewy quiet while watching.
Happy news about your BIL.
And the sun will come back, just like ours did.
Ian

geewits said...

LGS,
You should hear me do my Elmer Fudd version of the David Bowie song, "Let's Dance." It was a party staple in the late 80's/early 90's.

(yeah right)

geewits said...

Ian,
I have seen the sun and it was good. Muggy, but good.