Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Actually that picture kinda creeps me out but it's also funny. So today will be my first day out since I broke my foot. I imagine I will be exhausted when I get home. Or maybe just so glad to be home I will get all energized. We had fun making the deviled eggs tonight (Wednesday night, I am up late as usual). We were getting so irritated because they would not peel well. It made us laugh at the futility. Some of the eggs may look like asteroids, but as My Sweetie kept saying, "They will still taste good."

Some other bloggers were listing things they were thankful for. Most of it was the usual stuff: friends, family, home, etc. I think people forget to be thankful that we live in a country where we barely even think about things like toilets, running water, electricity, refridgerators. I mean, I know lots of other countries have all that too, but so many villages and towns across the world do not have ANY of the wonderful conveniences that we are used to. I'm grateful every day that my food, hell even my make up, has been inspected to make my life easier. I wish everyone in the world could experience all the basic things that we never even think about.

I guess my "Thankful For" list is:

  1. My Husband
  2. All the rest of my family (the ones I like)
  3. My health
  4. My home
  5. My cats (still miss you Sammy)
  6. The ease of American life
  7. Ice cold beer (oh come on, I couldn't stay serious that long!)
I hope everyone has a good day. Don't eat too much.

1 comment:

Jammie J. said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Despite our challenges, we have much to be thankful for, don't we? (hugs)