Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Foot News and the Secret of My Deviled Eggs.

I love this picture of My Sweetie and me from 1996. The Saturn dealer took it of us and his new car.
MS has asked to not be pictured on my blog, so I made a happy face for him.

I'm driving My Sweetie's mom nuts. She seems put out that I haven't been to the doctor for my foot. Actually she wanted me to go to a HOSPITAL. That just kills me. I did go to a hospital three times for things, but they were extreme curcumstances. And those three don't include going in the ambulance after the car accident, going to have a baby, and going in for my scheduled abdominoplasty. One of those times was when I re-broke my arm 6 months after my car accident. So I have experience in re-breaking bones. I KNOW I re-broke my foot in the same place because every single aspect of it is the same. I also know from that first experience that if you break the same thing THREE times, then you need a pin. For that I will go to the doctor. I guess for some people it just ain't so unless a certified doctor says it is.

My daughter came over about 6:00 pm Monday night and did a lot of cleaning for me. Then she helped me with dinner, and ended up spending the night. Today she helped me with lunch, straightened the guest room up again, helped me get set up for my shower and emptied the dishwasher again, oh and even did the handwashing of the teflon pots. Just as she was leaving this afternoon, I said "Thanks so much for all the help, I really appreciate it!" She said, "Well it's the least I could do for someone that used to wipe my ass." I don't know why, but that just cracks me up (no pun intended). The whole time she was here, she insisted on pushing me everywhere even though I've been getting around for days now. What I really enjoyed was giving My Sweetie a break. He's been so helpful.

Tonight I made an easy dinner that didn't use any handwashable pots, so the kitchen is already clean. That's nice. Tomorrow night we are going to have delivery or fast food (I want Taco Bell) and make a giant batch of deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow and then something like that on Thanksgiving. This is good because I will not have to wear a shoe on my good foot. It's like a third hand at this point. I'll be riding over to my In-Laws with my daughter and her friend Kurt. My Sweetie has to go a lot earlier because he will be picking up his aunt and uncle at the airport. We live REALLY close to the airport - we take a back road in and don't even get on the highway - so it only made sense for MS to pick them up. The thing was they get in at 11:30, and no way would I be ready to go then. I'll ride back with My Sweetie and we'll stop by Mom's. Yay!

Oh something I don't think I've mentioned is that one of the things my Mom brought back for me from N.C. is two cases of Sea Dog Blue Paw wheat ale. It's not a N.C. product. It's actually brewed in Maine, but it's not available in Texas. Basically it's like drinking a blueberry muffin. Those things are DELICIOUS! The label is cute too. It's a brown labrador wearing a yellow rain slicker and hat with some blue on his paw. If you're ever on the coast and get the chance, you have to try one. I wish I could buy it here. Yum City!

And now for the secret of my deviled eggs: Instead of salt and pepper use Cavendar's All Purpose Greek Seasoning, and in addition to regular yellow mustard, use smaller amounts of Grey Poupon dijon mustard and Inglehoffers' sweet hot mustard. And there is mayo in there too for the texture. That's about it. Oh and if you insist on a "topping" use Chipotle Chili powder instead of paprika. If you make them at Christmas, do every other egg with the Chipotle and every other egg with dill weed - you know for the red and green. I call them my "Three Mustard Eggs." They are very popular. If you try it, ENJOY!


No comments: